Feb 25, 2018
I'm looking to run a triple monitor setup. From research it seems DisplayPort is definitely the best solution, however I've seen different things when it comes down to DVI vs HDMI. My graphics card is the Strix 1080 Ti, which only comes with two DisplayPorts. Thus, with 3 monitors I'm forced to run one of them off of HDMI or DVI as far as I know. Anyone know what the best solution is?

I've also seen that you can run multiple monitors off of the same DisplayPort, does this slow performance?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
DVI & HDMI are practically the same except that DVI doesn't support Audio and HDMI does. The quality is Identical at the same settings. It can depend on resolution as well, dual link DVI goes higher than single link. Use whichever one you have a cable for and don't worry about it.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
DVI & HDMI are practically the same except that DVI doesn't support Audio and HDMI does. The quality is Identical at the same settings. It can depend on resolution as well, dual link DVI goes higher than single link. Use whichever one you have a cable for and don't worry about it.

Solution