Question DVR HDD connect to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2022
Hi all,

I have a DVR (kkmoon) for which I lost the admin password and it is critical for me to recover the footage off the drive.

I have an external HDD caddy which I have connected to Windows, MacOS, and 2 different Live Linux bootables.

Windows shows the drive as 'uninitialised', same with MacOS. On Linux, using gparted the drive shows as 'unallocated'.

fdisk -l shows:
/dev/disk2 (external, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: *1.0 TB disk2

Same on Linux - there is no further information regarding any partitions etc.

I ran a program called Disk Drill overnight which has been able to carry out a full scan on the disk and returned the scan result telling me there is over 10gb worth of data which is on the drive - a number of JPEG files, video files and others.

This tells me that the drive isn't empty or broken - but the question is how can I connect to the drive to see the data? I have exhausted my very limited knowledge and would appreciate any assistance in helping me recover my data on the drive.

Many thanks,
R

Ralston18

Titan
"I have a DVR (kkmoon) for which I lost the admin password and it is critical for me to recover the footage off the drive. "

Forum rules prohibit assistance with workarounds that bypass security measures such as admin passwords.

Even though your intentions may well be legitimate there is no way to know the full truth of the matter from this end.

Closing thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.