[SOLVED] dvr to network

Jan 17, 2019
I want to connect my Philips DVDR3575H-37 to a network is it possible

it only has USB and no network capabilities

Solution
Your device is certainly a dichotomy in terms of typical DVR functions and the ability to re-produce content on removable media. Still, most DVRs encrypt the contents they save, so accessing the files directly won't provide viewable content. Your device likely takes care of that on-board for playback and recording.

Unfortunately, I don't see a means to network-enable it. If I, or anyone else, think of something, it will get posted here.

Have a good day!
Jan 17, 2019

I want to be able to access it from my TV's and computers and my server, it have been barely used so I would like to make better use of it

Jan 17, 2019
I did not think so
but the fact that it burns DVDs kind of negates the piracy issue, I don't use DVDs any more all media is stored on server and accessed by plex, I just though this would be a good addition to my entertainment network thanks for your help

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your device is certainly a dichotomy in terms of typical DVR functions and the ability to re-produce content on removable media. Still, most DVRs encrypt the contents they save, so accessing the files directly won't provide viewable content. Your device likely takes care of that on-board for playback and recording.

Unfortunately, I don't see a means to network-enable it. If I, or anyone else, think of something, it will get posted here.

Have a good day!

Solution