dwl-2100ap and dwl-6000ap

I'm having problem to connect between 6000ap (installed as ap) and 2100 (set
as ap client). I do all the necessary work, described in dlink faq and I got
next results: If I log on 2100 using telnet, I can ping the computer
hardwired with 2100 and also I can ping 6000ap, and every computer behind
6000ap. But I can not ping from computer behind 2100, anything beside 2100.
The 2100 is acting like I was disabled "Ethernet to WLAN Access"

Does anybody know the solution?

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:18:12 +0200, "Andrej Jereb"
<andrej.jereb@kiss.si> wrote:

>I'm having problem to connect between 6000ap (installed as ap) and 2100 (set
>as ap client). I do all the necessary work, described in dlink faq and I got
>next results: If I log on 2100 using telnet, I can ping the computer
>hardwired with 2100 and also I can ping 6000ap, and every computer behind
>6000ap. But I can not ping from computer behind 2100, anything beside 2100.
>The 2100 is acting like I was disabled "Ethernet to WLAN Access"
>
>Does anybody know the solution?

How is this going to work? The DWL-2100AP is a 2.4GHz (802.11g)
wireless box. The DWL-6000AP is a 5.6GHz (802.11a) wireless box.
What manner of magic are you using to get these to communicate?

Assuming a typo error, the problem is obvious. Set as a client radio,
the DWL-2100AP will pass exactly one MAC address through the link.
That's the MAC address of the one PC that was first connected. It
will ignore the other PC's. To get it to pass more than one MAC
address (31 max), you need to set this up as a bridge, not a client
radio. I don't know exactly what you're running, but if there's more
than one radio involved, you might need to set it for point to
multipoint bridge instead of point to point bridge.

If this is impossible to configure, you can still make the DWL-2100AP
work by using a 2nd router between the DWL-2100AP and the rest of the
computahs on the LAN. This may involve double NAT, but will work.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:18:12 +0200, "Andrej Jereb"
> <andrej.jereb@kiss.si> wrote:
>
> >I'm having problem to connect between 6000ap (installed as ap) and 2100
(set
> >as ap client). I do all the necessary work, described in dlink faq and I
got
> >next results: If I log on 2100 using telnet, I can ping the computer
> >hardwired with 2100 and also I can ping 6000ap, and every computer behind
> >6000ap. But I can not ping from computer behind 2100, anything beside
2100.
> >The 2100 is acting like I was disabled "Ethernet to WLAN Access"
> >
> >Does anybody know the solution?
>
> How is this going to work? The DWL-2100AP is a 2.4GHz (802.11g)
> wireless box. The DWL-6000AP is a 5.6GHz (802.11a) wireless box.
> What manner of magic are you using to get these to communicate?
>
> Assuming a typo error, the problem is obvious. Set as a client radio,
> the DWL-2100AP will pass exactly one MAC address through the link.
> That's the MAC address of the one PC that was first connected. It
> will ignore the other PC's. To get it to pass more than one MAC
> address (31 max), you need to set this up as a bridge, not a client
> radio. I don't know exactly what you're running, but if there's more
> than one radio involved, you might need to set it for point to
> multipoint bridge instead of point to point bridge.
>
> If this is impossible to configure, you can still make the DWL-2100AP
> work by using a 2nd router between the DWL-2100AP and the rest of the
> computahs on the LAN. This may involve double NAT, but will work.

> Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

You didn't understand me correctly, but you have helped me a lot!
6000ap is also (802.11a).
Thanks again...

"Andrej Jereb" <andrej.jereb@kiss.si> wrote in message

> "Jeff Liebermann" <jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:18:12 +0200, "Andrej Jereb"
> > <andrej.jereb@kiss.si> wrote:
> >
> > >I'm having problem to connect between 6000ap (installed as ap) and 2100
> (set
> > >as ap client). I do all the necessary work, described in dlink faq and
> got
> > >next results: If I log on 2100 using telnet, I can ping the computer
> > >hardwired with 2100 and also I can ping 6000ap, and every computer
behind
> > >6000ap. But I can not ping from computer behind 2100, anything beside
> 2100.
> > >The 2100 is acting like I was disabled "Ethernet to WLAN Access"
> > >
> > >Does anybody know the solution?
> >
> > How is this going to work? The DWL-2100AP is a 2.4GHz (802.11g)
> > wireless box. The DWL-6000AP is a 5.6GHz (802.11a) wireless box.
> > What manner of magic are you using to get these to communicate?
> >
> > Assuming a typo error, the problem is obvious. Set as a client radio,
> > the DWL-2100AP will pass exactly one MAC address through the link.
> > That's the MAC address of the one PC that was first connected. It
> > will ignore the other PC's. To get it to pass more than one MAC
> > address (31 max), you need to set this up as a bridge, not a client
> > radio. I don't know exactly what you're running, but if there's more
> > than one radio involved, you might need to set it for point to
> > multipoint bridge instead of point to point bridge.
> >
> > If this is impossible to configure, you can still make the DWL-2100AP
> > work by using a 2nd router between the DWL-2100AP and the rest of the
> > computahs on the LAN. This may involve double NAT, but will work.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Liebermann jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
> > 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> > Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558
>
> You didn't understand me correctly, but you have helped me a lot!
> 6000ap is also (802.11a).
> Thanks again...

I meant 802.11b. 6000ap is dualband box

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:18:52 +0200, "Andrej Jereb"
<andrej.jereb@kiss.si> wrote:

>You didn't understand me correctly, but you have helped me a lot!
>6000ap is also (802.11a).

Oops. Y'er right. The DWL-6000AP does both 802.11a/b. Sorry.

# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us