Question DWM.exe & Windows Hardware Error - Code 141 ?

Oct 24, 2021
Recently, my computer has been crashing. The screen goes black, the fans all kick into 100% speed. I checked Reliability monitor and it seams that DWM (Desktop windows manager) is crashing. I suspected the PSU was the issue so I replaced it, no luck. I then flashed my bio, updated all drivers, updated windows, and even completed a fresh install of windows. I also tried running DDU and reinstalling the nvidia drivers; no luck there. I also closely monitored thermals and nothing was out of the ordinary. I also ran memtest and windows memory diagnostic tool, nothing unusual. I now suspect it's my graphics card as this issue only seams to occur during heavy load in games, although it didn't crash when stress testing in furmark. Here's a screenshot of what the reliability shows - . I then tried running HWINFO64, I don't know how to read the log, but if anyone wishes to do so, https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjiir2sl2xgkcm3/dmw-crash-1.CSV?dl=0. I've put in an RMA for the GPU, I'd love to cancel it if someone knows what's wrong, and if at all, fixable.
Specs:
  • Intel I7-9700k
  • RTX 2080S Gigabyte 8gb OC
  • MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
  • SeaSonic 750w focus 80+ gold

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS