DX 10.1 games comig soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this post on another forum. Its from a AMD rep. It looks promising. Tech advancement in software at last. http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1335512390#post1335512390 "Something that hasn't been noted yet is that EA and SEGA are signed on with us for DX10.1 titles, we've also signed a fairly major deal with Blizzard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Dave Baumann : Yesterday at 12:58 AM. " If they release these games too quickly, a 4870 will be close or beat a G280 in this format

I know things seem to be swinging ATI's way at the minuite but i cant see them leaving Nvidia users out in the cold on this one.
Mind you "signed on " could be read as agreed to in future ? How long does it take to develop a game ?
Mactronix

Theres speculation that several games coming early next year or sooner. We know that currently the G200s dont or cant use it by the TR review of the 4850, where they used the "unpatched" version or AC

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
If games are comnig next year, that is time for Nvidia to implement DX10.1, unless they simply decide to bludgeon their way through with just DX10 only and massive amounts of raw power.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Starcraft 2
Diablo III

..........drool........

duzcizgi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
What's the big deal of 10.1 anyway

In DX10.1 AA and shader effects are fed in single pass. In DX10.0 (A.K.A. The Way It's Meant To Be Played) First shader effects then rendering in seperate passes. This is the reason nVidia cannot support the 10.1 way of things. They have to throw away that highly optimized and fine tuned AA hardware engine and create a design similar to ATI HD series. (Remember HD2900 fiasco? ATI had to lose 1 generation of GPUs to fine tune the shader AA)

Harrisson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
At least ATI moving to the right direction, closer cooperation with game devs will be handy for gamers and developers themselves (10.1 coding has some advantages). Ofc nVidia screwed themselves by not supporting new tech, but its nothing major anyway, though geforce owners will be shafted a bit. Even minor attempt in Assasin creed to bring 10.1 boosted AA speed by ~20% for Radeon cards, imagine fully optimized game for it?

Another thing, its a big question if Blizzard will go full out with 10.1, they are very cautious of using DX10 at all. EA is another story, would be sweet to have COD5 with full 10.1 features.

Waspy

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005
Dude DX10.1...problem is no one wants to run Vista crap to utilize DX10! A lot of stuff now is just badass DX9 titles...funk DX10!...and especially FUNK DX10.1! LOL.

Thats just the thing though Waspy, its these kind of improvements that are needed to convinse people to move to vista or windows 7 or whatever follows.
Early doors Vista was slow and a systems hog. Probably no more so relativly speaking than anything that has come before though. Once games start showing consistant high fps then most peoples objections will dissapear.
If these DX10.1 titles come out and people take to them,(from what i have seen and heard there is no reason not to) then Nvidia could just get a taste of what its like to be put out in the cold.
Differance would be that it was superior tec that did it and not some half baked DX implementation deal that did for them.
I suspect that they are alreadt working on DX 10.1 hardware though. Many dissagree with thier ethics and business practices but one thing they aint and thats silly.

Mactronix

randomizer

Champion
Vista is not much slower than XP now, but it will never be faster that's for sure. And guess what, Windows 7 will be slower than Vista. Why? Because software only ever gets bigger and slower. That is why we don't have ever increasing framerates in new games with hardware that is 4x more powerful than a few years ago.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007

Call of Duty is an enhanced COD4 engine, with enhanced physics more than anything.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007

Its not even made by the original Company that made 1 2 and 4. So don't get your hopes up:)

EDIT: I have no Idea why I quoted myself I clicked edit lol Anywho!

randomizer

Champion
I played the original Brothers in Arms and absolutely hated it. One of the most (if not the most) repetitive "recent" games I have ever played. I didn't bother getting any expansions or sequels if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.