dx4840 restore issue

sadielady

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
i bought this second hand pc and the person did a fresh install of win 7 but not from the recovery media. Seeing he did not have the discs i ordered a set from gateway now i am wondering if i will have problems trying to restore to factory default using the new recovery discs seeing he wiped out all partitions when he did his install, thank you for any help with this

Solution
No, the official recovery image discs you ordered will wipe the computer completely, and reinstall the manufacturer's copy of software onto that computer which means it will also create a new recovery partition should you choose to have that installed. (Probably shouldn't, saves you about 20 GB, and you'll always have the discs)

Warukyure

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
No, the official recovery image discs you ordered will wipe the computer completely, and reinstall the manufacturer's copy of software onto that computer which means it will also create a new recovery partition should you choose to have that installed. (Probably shouldn't, saves you about 20 GB, and you'll always have the discs)

Solution