Dx8+Athlon+Geforce2 problem!

G

Hi,

Before my complaints, see my specifications:

- Athlon classic 650MHz (slot A)
- Mobo ASUS K7M (chipset AMD751 + VIA VT82C686A)
- ASUS v7700 Geforce 2 GTS Pure 32MB
- Windows 98 SE
- Directx 8.0a (Actually using Dx7a)
- SBlive
- 128MB RAM
- Nothing overclocked!

I'm using the latests AMD agp drivers and via 4 in 1.

The problem is: When I run applications that require D3D, like the playstation emulator ePSXe, it crashes, and the only solution is to reboot the PC! Then, I've unistalled the Dx8 and have reinstalled the Dx7a, and all the problems were resolved! Great, but I need to run some Dx8 applications, I need resolv this abnormal behave with Dx8! And before you say me to reinstall win98, I've just did it (HD formatted!) and nothing has changed, it can't resolv my problem. Help me!

ps: It only occurs with this Geforce 2, my old card (voodoo3) works flawless with dx8 in this same system!

G

my guess would be your vid card drivers. which ones you using with your geforce 2?

G

I've tested dx8 and dx8a with detonators 5.33a, 6.50, 10.80 and 12.00, and nothing has changed, all run unstable! But, when I reinstall Dx7a, all drivers run flawless!

G

How did you reinstall dx7 from dx 8?? Your OS might be messed up. It is a wild guess. I am using Athlon ThunderBird 900 Mhz overclocked to 1008 and it is running very stable on my Creative's GF 2 Ultra with dx 8a and 12.0 drivers.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Download a copy of NVMAX, it has a tweak for an athalon incompatibility issue in the systems settings dialouge (as well as ton of other cool tweaks and settings)

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

G

Thats fine tuning my point a bit more about Hyllian's test...GOOD JOB MAN!!..:) DO NOT USE DX8 drivers with the GeForce GTS series type video card(s) It seems that it does not affect the Ultra series cards and I'm not seeing and references about the MX series having the same problems..thanx Hyllian..you've pretty much confirmed my suspicions about that DX8 problem..read your post you made in the Drivers forum of the message board..I've been running tests on this fact..Microsoft is gonna get a e-mail from me shortly..:)

Motivation is half the battle to success..personal intiative completes the process..:)