Dxdiag-Please Help

i ran dxdiag on my machine at work where my game is
running fine - directx 8 the cube in one of the tests
spins nice and smooth.
ran the same test on machine at home where the game is
not running - directx 9 the cube spins so fast u cant
make anything out? any idea what might cause this? the
reason im running the tests though is because my nascar
racing 2003 game at one time ran at around 50-60 fps now
the graphics are running weird and at 5 fps.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
CPU Intel Pentium 4, 1700 MHz (4.25 400)
Motherboard Intel Pendleton D845PT (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2
DIMM, Audio)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845D
256 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS AMI (01/08/02)
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (64 MB)
Dell M991 (5C544226G083)
Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio

ME

since you have a nvidia vid card,
it needs to be ran in 'open gl' not '3d direct' for sierra/papyrus nascar
series.
also you might want to check the latest drivers for your card. goodluck!

"mzzondo" <mzzondo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i ran dxdiag on my machine at work where my game is
> running fine - directx 8 the cube in one of the tests
> spins nice and smooth.
> ran the same test on machine at home where the game is
> not running - directx 9 the cube spins so fast u cant
> make anything out? any idea what might cause this? the
> reason im running the tests though is because my nascar
> racing 2003 game at one time ran at around 50-60 fps now
> the graphics are running weird and at 5 fps.
>

> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
> CPU Intel Pentium 4, 1700 MHz (4.25 400)
> Motherboard Intel Pendleton D845PT (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2
> DIMM, Audio)
> Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845D
> 256 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
> BIOS AMI (01/08/02)
> NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (64 MB)
> Dell M991 (5C544226G083)
> Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio

katy

>since you have a nvidia vid card,
> it needs to be ran in 'open gl' not '3d direct' for sierra/papyrus nascar
>series.
>also you might want to check the latest drivers for your card. goodluck!

Yes, if the game uses OpenGL running tests for Direct#d will not help
much, usual fix is to re-install or update the video drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators