DXGI_Error_Deviced_Removed Occuring in Game

Khesh

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Sorry if this is the wrong thread...

For about a week now I've been playing Crysis 3 just fine.

Today I noticed that my SSD, which has my games on it, was almost full. So I began using "Send To" to send some files that didn't seem to be that important over to my HDD. Most were under "Program Files(86x)"...I just selected an entire folder and sent it over to the hard drive.

Now whenever i try to play Crysis 3 it loads a game and i can play for 30 seconds before it freezes and it says "DXGI_Error_Device_Removed"

I can't for the life of me figure out which file has the "device" the game needs...or if that's even the problem.

I was also using Catalyst Control Center for my graphics card (Radeon HD 7970). I tweaked a few of the Game Settings and then started up the game....but once i started having these problems i clicked "Restore to default" and it hasn't fixed anything. Does anyone know what i did wrong?

I can't just copy all the files on my hard drive over...my SSD couldn't take that. Plus, i don't know which folders went in the Program Files anyway...

Please help, everything is appreciated.

ikaz

Distinguished
first I not sure the "send to" works like that at least I never used it has a file redirector as far as programs go but hey I nevered tried either. 2nd no point in installing games to a SSD unless the game does a lot of Hard drive streaming or loading (like maybe H3 where there lots of small area's that load in) so I'm not sure why you have all your games on your SSD. Third try reinstalling direct X and see if that fixes your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113