Question dxgkrnl.sys bsod

Oct 1, 2022
Hello everyone. Recently my pc keeps crashing while playing games. So I downloaded BlueScreenView to see the reason. The file names that it shows are dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys. I've tried to uninstall gpu drivers with ddu and installed the newest one but it didn't help. My windows and other drivers are up to date. So maybe you can help me, thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. Recently my pc keeps crashing while playing games. So I downloaded BlueScreenView to see the reason. The file names that it shows are dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys. I've tried to uninstall gpu drivers with ddu and installed the newest one but it didn't help. My windows and other drivers are up to date. So maybe you can help me, thanks in advance.
Heres what you can try.

Go To Device Manager and Search for drivers there and see if it still crashes with the driver windows would use.

If you overclocked at all undo that. Or maybe even try underclocking the GPU.

And Also try a clean install of the drivers in GeForce experience.

Oct 1, 2022
Sorry, I forgot to write my specs
My system specs;
Gpu: Gigabyte rtx 3070 gamin oc rev 1.0 (stock)
Cpu: İntel 11700k(stock)
Mobo:Gigabyte z490 gaming x ax
Ram:Corsair dominator platinum 4000mhz
Psu: Msi a850gf 850w gold

Oct 1, 2022
Heres what you can try.

Go To Device Manager and Search for drivers there and see if it still crashes with the driver windows would use.

If you overclocked at all undo that. Or maybe even try underclocking the GPU.

And Also try a clean install of the drivers in GeForce experience.
I tried those as well actually but did not work. I've been trying to fix it for a week now. I tried to use Windbg preview too for bugcheck analysis but I don't know how to read the command lines.

So it has to do with your display driver and the system thinking that your pc hung. Refer to this article https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../debugger/bug-check-0x116---video-tdr-failure

I used windbg and analyzed the file and found this

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe70412418460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff807a4fb3d00, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

thats how I know what it is.
Have you overclocked at all?
Is windows up to date?

Oct 1, 2022
So it has to do with your display driver and the system thinking that your pc hung. Refer to this article https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../debugger/bug-check-0x116---video-tdr-failure

I used windbg and analyzed the file and found this

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe70412418460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff807a4fb3d00, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

thats how I know what it is.
Have you overclocked at all?
Is windows up to date?
Yes, windows is up to date. I haven't overclocked it but I currently use the oc bios.

Oct 1, 2022
I downloaded all new drivers from mobo page just in case, and switched the bios to silent mode. This time pc doesn't reboot but monitor goes black and after 2-3 minutes pc restarts. I looked into the event log and it says this;
\Device\Video3
BusReset TDR occurred on GPUID:200.
So I guess this is the same thing. Also I ran furmark and cinebench r23 at the same time for an hour, everything was fine. I also ran memtest86 overnight, no error.