Dxtory issues with new hardware

AlexJR

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
I recently got an nvidia 1050 Ti graphics card. It works great for playing games, I get between 32 to 60 frames with an OCCASIONAL spike to 12. But the whole reason I upgraded my computer is so that I could get back into recording my game play.

The games stay around 30 fps when recording but then when I view the games they are in what looks like 12 frames for a majority of the run time.

I have dxtory writing to and my games running from my new internal drive, one of those black series ones made for game and video capabilities. And I have dxtory running on my default windows drive.

Here are my specs:

- AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
(Video Card - NVIDIA GEFORCE 1050 Ti

I hope this can be fixed without having to buy new parts, but I'm open to that possibility.

Solution
DxTory's FPS counter shows both gameplay FPS (FPS the game is playing at), and capture FPS, (FPS DxTory is recording at). I get the feeling you were only checking the gameplay FPS, and not the capture FPS. Also, make sure your game settings allow the capture FPS to keep up with the gameplay FPS.

Set your capture FPS to no more than 30, and try using the DxTory codec with output file type set to RawCap. This will allow the capture file to be written to more than one drive simultaneously, increasing performance. This is called Distribution Writing, but you need to designate more than one drive to use it.

I would also start with the DxTory codec in the Low setting, because the higher the setting, the larger the file size, and DxTory...
DxTory's FPS counter shows both gameplay FPS (FPS the game is playing at), and capture FPS, (FPS DxTory is recording at). I get the feeling you were only checking the gameplay FPS, and not the capture FPS. Also, make sure your game settings allow the capture FPS to keep up with the gameplay FPS.

Set your capture FPS to no more than 30, and try using the DxTory codec with output file type set to RawCap. This will allow the capture file to be written to more than one drive simultaneously, increasing performance. This is called Distribution Writing, but you need to designate more than one drive to use it.

I would also start with the DxTory codec in the Low setting, because the higher the setting, the larger the file size, and DxTory files can get really big.

Here's a pretty thorough guide on how to use DxTory
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KqsTa_HpM"][/video]

Solution