[SOLVED] Dying Disk with simi-valuable data on - Is there a tool I can use to recover it?

caliskier

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2012
Hi,

So appreciate everyone on this forum that has helped me. I have my windows 10 system up and running everything again including WMC, everything smooth.

I have several over-the-air recordings we would like to keep on a failing 3TB disk. I have a new 4TB disk I am trying to put it on to, but the 3TB drive is taking hours just to move one 2 hour show. This is not workable. Is there a disk recovery tool that might help me at least get the data of that disk quickly?... then I can let it die.

Thanks.

Solution
There is no magic "faster".

Let it run. The more you mess with it or interrupt it, the closer it will be to actually dead.

And please...for the future, implement a good backup routine. A dead drive should never involve loss of data.

USAFRet

Titan

Let it run. The more you mess with it or interrupt it, the closer it will be to actually dead.

And please...for the future, implement a good backup routine. A dead drive should never involve loss of data.

Solution

caliskier

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2012

you are right, its just show data so we never backed it up, maybe I should have if I am wasting this much time with it.

TRENDING THREADS