Question Dying graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Hey, I recently posted about my pc in Power Supplies,
because everytime I try to start furmark or any games, my pc just restarts without any signals, just straight black screen.
SPECS:
Motherboard: Supermicro X7DB8
CPU: 1x Intel Xeon 5450
RAM: 32GB DRR2
GPU: MSI RX 470 ARMOR OC (4GB)
PSU: CHIEFTEC 500W

As I said, I have posted in Power Supplies section, and a few nice guys told me that my psu is dying and thats why its restarting. I got a 650W psu, and hooked it up ONLY to the videocard with the 8pin. Jumpstarted the psu, everything started fine. I checked the temps they were normal, GPU 12V was: 11.560V
I started up furmark, instantly restarted again. Is the problem with my gpu?, someone has any idea? I'm out of ideas now :/

DSzymborski

Titan
Hey, I recently posted about my pc in Power Supplies,
because everytime I try to start furmark or any games, my pc just restarts without any signals, just straight black screen.
SPECS:
Motherboard: Supermicro X7DB8
CPU: 1x Intel Xeon 5450
RAM: 32GB DRR2
GPU: MSI RX 470 ARMOR OC (4GB)
PSU: CHIEFTEC 500W

As I said, I have posted in Power Supplies section, and a few nice guys told me that my psu is dying and thats why its restarting. I got a 650W psu, and hooked it up ONLY to the videocard with the 8pin. Jumpstarted the psu, everything started fine. I checked the temps they were normal, GPU 12V was: 11.560V
I started up furmark, instantly restarted again. Is the problem with my gpu?, someone has any idea? I'm out of ideas now :/

What is the exact 650W PSU? And why is it connected only to the GPU? This kind of jury-rigging is rarely recommended and really awful when you're diagnosing a problem.

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
What is the exact 650W PSU? And why is it connected only to the GPU? This kind of jury-rigging is rarely recommended and really awful when you're diagnosing a problem.

Its a HKC, and I didn't connected it completly because I wanted to try out if theres a power supply problem or a gpu problem:/ I don't know what to do, by they way its a miner card. I bought it from ebay like 7months ago, everything was working fine, I installed a new normal bios to it. And it was working fine, it started this problem like 1-2months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.