Dying hard drive recovery

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Alright. So I've got a 1tb laptop drive and when I plug it into a computer it isn't always recognized and when it is it doesn't stay online long enough to copy over the 30gb file. It says the location couldn't be verified or it was moved after about 5 minutes of copying. Any suggestions?

Solution
I see. Then there's some serious hardware issue with your drive. Reading from location, where 30GB file is located, causes it to go in halt mode.
There are methods of reading such files. Basically you first read it from start position until halt and then you read it from end position (backwards).

Anyway - if you seriously need to recover that file, then better to contact some professional data recovery services.
And how are you doing this?
Are you using some usb to sata adapter? Or are you connecting drive directly with sata cable?
If you're using USB to sata adapter, then I'd suspect it to be the issue.

Connect the drive with sata data+ power cables to your pc.

I see. Then there's some serious hardware issue with your drive. Reading from location, where 30GB file is located, causes it to go in halt mode.
There are methods of reading such files. Basically you first read it from start position until halt and then you read it from end position (backwards).

Anyway - if you seriously need to recover that file, then better to contact some professional data recovery services.

Solution