Question Dying Light 2 Denuvo DRM

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
So, as many of you know, Dying Light 2 just released but it has Denuvo as DRM, do you have any ideas how this will impact the performance?
From what I've read, Denuvo affects performance quite a bit, and I don't know how it will affect my FPS, because I don't have a recommended GPU
My specs are:
ASUS STRIX GTX 970 OC
RYZEN 5 3600X
ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS
16 GB of RAM at 3200MHz
And the PSU is a Corsair RM750

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Devs reckon it won't affect performance but game has it's own issues anyway. Im huge DL fan and I'll be waiting at least a few weeks before buying 2, maybe wait till it's on special, giving devs time to address bugs, and im fairly confident they will seeing as how much care went towards the first.

With any highly anticipated game, never rush into it. I feel sorry for the Devs because they would be rushed as well from those higher up. Too much unnecessary pressure.

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
Devs reckon it won't affect performance but game has it's own issues anyway. Im huge DL fan and I'll be waiting at least a few weeks before buying 2, maybe wait till it's on special, giving devs time to address bugs, and im fairly confident they will seeing as how much care went towards the first.

With any highly anticipated game, never rush into it. I feel sorry for the Devs because they would be rushed as well from those higher up. Too much unnecessary pressure.
Nonetheless, denuvo is known for affecting performance, so I would still prefer not to have it. Regarding what you said, yeah, that's true, the game has issues, the first game was the same, but with time it became the game we play and enjoy today. I'm not sure how well DL2 will run on my 970, giving the fact that, I can play the first game just fine with Max settings.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well 1050ti is listed as minimum but i would treat recommended as minimum to at least enjoy the game which the 2060 is suggested which you're not too far off.

See how it goes, the game isn't going anywhere and im sure you'll upgrade gpu eventually when prices come down.

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
Well 1050ti is listed as minimum but i would treat recommended as minimum to at least enjoy the game which the 2060 is suggested which you're not too far off.

See how it goes, the game isn't going anywhere and im sure you'll upgrade gpu eventually when prices come down.
I will try the game, after some time, maybe it gets some performance improvements, I've seen that it has amd's fsr which is a bonus. I'm looking for a rtx 3050 or an Rx 6600xt but they are around 600 euros or so, kinda expensive for me at the moment.

Reactions: boju