Dying Light runs like crap

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Guys just got my gigabyte g1 gaming 970 today knowing its a 3.5 gb crad...satisfied cuz i game at 1080p...everything ran flawlessly until i played dying light...on high settings or medium...extremely sluggish...freezing..unplayable...is this becz the game is poorly optimized or because its accessing the last 0.5gb of 970's memory

Solution
I have seen a low of people complaining about the FPS issues with Dying Light, and I have also had the same issue.

When you are playing the prologue (tutorial) the game runs flawlessly, as soon as you get outside to the main missions, then the FPS bombs. This has been reported and a lot of systems, including high-end Nvidia SLI setups. The game badly needs patched.

IF you cannot wait for a patch to improve things, then you can follow the advice shown in this post: Steam Community - How to fix your FPS and disable film grain

This increased my FPS from 30-40 outside, up to 60-90+ It does look bad without the Sunshadows, but at least its playable now.

i tried it on the GTX 960 and it was running okay on high settings try uninstalling the drivers with DDU driver uninstaller and try again

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

leave the building...finish ur first mission and go outside...i was getting about 70 fps in ultra settings during the first mission...once i went into the open world fps dropped to 20-30..and 2 second long freezes every now and then

look im trying to help you hear uninstall the drivers and download them again or rollback than update them again, worst to worst your GPU cant handle it

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

thank you for trying to help..but i just googled and saw it is because the game is crappy...same issues with more powerful cards like 980 and 780ti...anyways thank you for your time :)

no problem but just wait another week or 2 for a update from nvidia or from the makers of the game so they optimize the game, far cry4 had the same issue nvidia released a driver and it was still running kind of bad untill the makers released an update

Neur0nauT

Admirable
I have seen a low of people complaining about the FPS issues with Dying Light, and I have also had the same issue.

When you are playing the prologue (tutorial) the game runs flawlessly, as soon as you get outside to the main missions, then the FPS bombs. This has been reported and a lot of systems, including high-end Nvidia SLI setups. The game badly needs patched.

IF you cannot wait for a patch to improve things, then you can follow the advice shown in this post: Steam Community - How to fix your FPS and disable film grain

This increased my FPS from 30-40 outside, up to 60-90+ It does look bad without the Sunshadows, but at least its playable now.

Solution

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014

totalbiscuit did a port report, the problem seems to be because the game is only utilizing one thread on the CPU, causing pretty massive bottlenecks when using sli. so people who are using low end cpus, like an FX cpu, seem to be the ones with the "Major" problems. whether or not this is techlands doing or nvidias remains to be seen.

im using the fx 8320 and my friend uses the i7 4790k and hes getting 2-3 fps more than me on the MSI gtx 960. so thats not true whats so ever

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014

proof? i said it seems to be the case, not that it was the case. Besides, we are talking about high end GPUs here.

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

flawlessly? outside the building?? how? at what settings....my fps varies from 10-50...with constant freezes...and people said Unity was bad? LOL...and my cpu is not a beast but its not too weak...i have i5 4670k oced to 4ghz...

max_payne32

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014

wont even bother....will just forget i ever heard the name of this game...what is it with the game developers these days i dunno...first release a game that runs like a huge load of crap and then comes a series of patches...as if they think they are no longer obliged to release "finished products" anymore

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014

take view distance all the way down, thats whats killing the frames.