Dying Monitor? Detected but enters power save mode.

Joey109

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
Over the past couple of months my second monitor (Dell e2015hv) started to flicker on and off. Within the past couple of weeks it has started to shift between flickering on and off to adding a screen of snow to the mix. Today i decided to figure out what the problem was out of frustration. I unplugged it on the monitor and computer end. Now its not showing anything. My computer still detects that its there and even behaves as if its there but the display is just constantly in power save mode. Im using a connector VGA to HDMI so perhaps the converter is bad? Im going to try buying another before i get another monitor. Ive read all of the fixes online; power settings, extending the display, changing res, unplug and shut down combos, etc... Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Asus Maximus hero viii
I7 6700k
Corsair h100i gtx
Corsair hx850i
Corsair vengeance 16G DDR4
EVGA gtx 1070

Solution
You can check out the troubleshooting section of the monitor manual. I would suggest unplugging the power cord and monitor cable for a few minutes. That will reset the monitor to the manufacturer defaults. Depending upon the monitor it may have a device driver which can be updated. Otherwise you can update the Widows monitor driver within the Device Manager.

But from your description, it sounds like a problem within the monitor.
You can check out the troubleshooting section of the monitor manual. I would suggest unplugging the power cord and monitor cable for a few minutes. That will reset the monitor to the manufacturer defaults. Depending upon the monitor it may have a device driver which can be updated. Otherwise you can update the Widows monitor driver within the Device Manager.

But from your description, it sounds like a problem within the monitor.

Solution

Joey109

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

Didnt work. Went straight to power save mode. It was a cheap monitor. I guess ill end up just buying a new one. =\

TRENDING THREADS