Dying Power Supply?

TC10284

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001
I have a Soyo K7V Dragon motherboard with an Athlon 1.2GHz CPU. I've been watching ITE Smart Guardian and the 12V- drops down to 11.30V allot. The 12V+ drops down to 10.30v too, but less frequent than the 12V-. When I use SIV(from Gigabyte) on my Athlon 800 the voltages are stable as could be and rarely jump up or down like the 12V- and 12V+ of my Ath 1.2GHz. Also, each morning I notice that my system locks up on me when it almost get's to the desktop screen, but it was a black screen and a frozen mouse pointer. I had similar trouble with my Geforce 2 MX. But right now, I don't even have the GF2 MX in my 1.2GHz, i'm using a Savage 4. I hit Reset a few times and it comes up fine...... Those are my indications of my bad PS. I do not have a spare power supply to test on the board, unless I took it out of my Athlon 800MHz, but I don't want to mess with it since it is running fine. I have thought about getting an Enermax PE 301P VE ATX 300W Power Supply, ATX +12V http://www.componentauthority.com/en302fanfmat.html
But I do not know if it the resistors/copacitors on my mobo or in the PS. WHat do you guys think? Thanks,

Tavis

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'm willing to bet money that it's the PSU. Get a good Enermax and all your problems will go away.

<font color=orange>Quarter <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>