Dying Rampage IV Extreme??

907rider

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
So I had my rig all set up, i7 3930K, Rampage IV Extreme, 16 gb of ram, two Nvidia 680GTX's. I had a stable OC at 4.325Ghz with my vcore (manually locked) at 1.400V, then once a couple weeks back I left my computer folding while I went off to work, came home and found it off, went into BIOS and saw vcore at something like 0.900v or 0.750v. After manualy setting the vcore back to 1.400V it was working great. Now twice in one day the computer has completely frozen up and when I restart both times I find vcore at 0.934v (or right in there, both times it was different but it definitely was in the 0.9..'s). Any idea what could be causing this? Dying mobo?

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Clear CMOS and run the system at defaults for a few days. See if you still get freezing problems. If POST fails,UEFI will revert to safe values, so you're previous settings will be ignored and the board POSTs is safe mode.

On a sidenote, make sure you cool the VRM heatsink assembly with a good fan if you're loading up the CPU at 1.4V. The FETs will get very hot if the heatsink is left without adequate airflow.

-Raja