[SOLVED] Dynamic Super Resolution factors conflicting with monitor firmware

May 29, 2019
I've struggled with this problem before even took it to nvdia got alot of support members involved they concluded that the reason dsr and subsequently dldsr do not function properly is due to the firmware of my monitor
I have an asus vg34v 3440x1440 21:9 165hz monitor
the problem is that the dsr factors do not scale off of the monitors native resolution and aspect ratio
this is because the monitor's firmware reports being compatible with a 3840x2160 signal and the dsr factors scale off of the highest supported resolution
also the monitor's firmware only reports support for this resolution in the protected "HD" mode which locks the refresh rate to 60hz
so all of the dsr resolutions I get are 16:9 being stretched to 21:9 and are 60hz max
so the question I ask is if it is possible to bypass this issue or perhabs trick the gpu/drivers into not recognizing that the firmware reports support for that resolution
or perhaps even edit the firmware directly?

Last edited:
Solution
you could try CRU, that way gpu drivers wont see what your monitor reports, it will report your customised edid, with CRU you can try changing native monitor resolution, if it would work, then you will need to either use linix to write your customized edid into your monitor panel or use edid override (involves editing windows registry) as windows doesnt expose edid eeprom flashing to non oem tools (linux does)

basicly this means:
1.) use CRU to change your monitor resolution settings and test it if it works
if it works, save edid.rom through CRU

once you know your customised edid works, then you have two options

2a.) use edid override, wont flash your monitor, its a temporary solution, tied to monitor driver, if you...
you could try CRU, that way gpu drivers wont see what your monitor reports, it will report your customised edid, with CRU you can try changing native monitor resolution, if it would work, then you will need to either use linix to write your customized edid into your monitor panel or use edid override (involves editing windows registry) as windows doesnt expose edid eeprom flashing to non oem tools (linux does)

basicly this means:
1.) use CRU to change your monitor resolution settings and test it if it works
if it works, save edid.rom through CRU

once you know your customised edid works, then you have two options

2a.) use edid override, wont flash your monitor, its a temporary solution, tied to monitor driver, if you reinstall windows, then you will need to set it up again

2b) use linux to flash edid eeprom, this will make it permanent (unless monitor firmware update changes it)

note: edid override (or windows iteslf) doesnt support reading edid from file, so you will need to open it in HEX editor/viever and copy paste hex values from edid rom file into registry

if you decide to use linux to write edid to monitor, then be carefull and check properly if youre on correct bus with 0x50 adress, as this same adress is also used for ram modules and wouldnt be firsttime somebody flashed edid into ram stick making your PC not POSTing anymore

Solution
May 29, 2019
very late response I have not been able to figure out cru
I go to set detailed resolutions and everytime i set the resolution higher than 3440 it turns red and if i set the refresh rate higher than 60hz it turns red