e and d drivers

my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
what hapened?
--
ana steele

Hi,

Are E and D optical drives? See if this helps:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Under section 8 - Problems - there is a link to a patch that often resolves
this problem

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> what hapened?
> --
> ana steele

Ana, do you mean your E: and D: Drives are missing from MyComputer?
If yes, are they Cdrom drives?
"anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> what hapened?
> --
> ana steele

its my cd-rom and dvd burner. all of a sudden the system stoped loading them
--
ana steele

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Ana, do you mean your E: and D: Drives are missing from MyComputer?
> If yes, are they Cdrom drives?
> "anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> > what hapened?
> > --
> > ana steele

Go to Start>Run type: regedit click Ok Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965.....click
on the folder and in the right
pane and
delete the upperfilters value and lowerfilters value, exit regedit and
restart your machine...

"anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> what hapened?
> --
> ana steele

i did what you told me but it wasnt showing upper or lower filters
--
ana steele