E-Sata on CM-690 Not Hot-Swappable

DutchMunky0890

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hello, I have a CoolerMaster CM-690 Case (There is an Esata port on the front panel that plugs into one of the sata ports on the motherboard) and i recently got a Western Digital Home Edition 1.5tb External. The external comes with USB 2.0, Firewire, and Esata ports. When i tried usb it worked fine but i when i tried esata nothing happened. I checked the connections and everything was fine. So next i tried to check it on boot in the bios and it worked. but after a while the drive goes to sleep and the only way to get it to work again is if i reboot.

I did some research on it and i found that there was an app that was made so you can change the settings for the drive, and the sleep setting was one, but only supports up to xp. and i have windows 7. i later found out that the drive is a retired model but it still works great. i tried to force the install but the drive wouldnt boot. not even in compatibility mode.

Any suggestions on how i could possibly change it so i can make it hot swappable?