E3 2013: Wolfenstein The New Order Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyaah

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I really hope this game pays proper homage to the original Id Wolfenstein games, although I doubt it. That was probably the 1st FPS I played on DOS as a kid. Does anyone remember the Barneystein and Beavis and Butthead mods? So many good memories.

I hope the PC Port is not that crappy. The good news is that it looks like it might already be ready for PC since he played on one at the demo. I hate it when PC gets a staggered 2nd citizen release.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Wow, Kevin jaded much? This looks really cool I can't wait for it to come out. Looks like a parallel universe where things turned out different, a real nightmare.

viliu24

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
no worries , this is next gen dumb gaming , auto aim , auto run, auto jump , auto ..., oh w8 ,i am watching a movie??

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
>_> of course they used a controller, its E3 and they want as many as people as possible to get a feel of the game not just a few hardcore people that PC game. A controller is universal, anyone can pick it up and play, that can not be said for keyboard and mouse which can have any number of layouts

They obviously ran it on a PC though because its not like microsoft or sony was going to give them a next generation console to play it on

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
WTF happened to ID Software?!? Sadly another mismanaged legendary gaming company. I just hope the new Wolfenstein lives up to its legendary roots!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Also I love the goofy mustache on the up riser throwing the tear gas and for some reason the World under the Nazi has become much more advanced!!! hehe

JTri

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I think that this game will finish the transition to the current gen that 2009 started. 2009 was flawed, but had some good things going for it like sandboxing, shadow/coloring, atmosphere, and interesting maps. This looks like it will be more immersive like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, even a bit Kojima-ish while forgetting the crappy gameplay mechanics and features from 2009 ever existed. Yay health packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.