02hudsond

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
just bought a cheap tower today as mine blew and i have a problem with the fan control
my spec
intel core 2 duo e4500 2.2 ghz
motherboard intel D945GCNL
chipset i945G
2gbs memory

my cpu temp is idling at 50c and sometimes reaching 74 at full load

i have just turned eist off in bios and it made no affect

my questiion how to speed my cpu fan (stock ) it goes beetween 800 rpm to 1700 as i watched it on speedfan ... speedfan controls dont have any effect on the fan speed so what setting on bios do i change

also it has nvidia 7500le witch so far is offering great perfomance on video ... what games can i run ...

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
You will need to find a different Fan & Heat Sink all together. 74 at full load is not bad for a stock fan.

Basically you are looking at the wrong areas for the issue if 74 is an issue for you. Look into investing in some Thermal Paste and also After market Heat Sink which should come with a more powerful fan

Hope this helps

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Yea Max TDP is 65W, What is the basic use of the PC ? Is it new ?

If its not a new PC, you might want to check if it uses a Thermal Pad or Paste.

Also check the Heat Sink, Power Supply Fan and Case fans for any dirt.

DO your best to use some AS5 Thermal Paste instead of the Pad and that should take your temps down.

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Also I think Intel has stopped Windows 7 driver support for certain discontinued boards and the Intel D945GCNL boards might be one of them.

Just in case you are running Win 7, you might want to check all these drivers and also make sure you have the latest or last BIOS update.

02hudsond

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
no im running windows xp ... i have learned that my cpu temps start at 35c then jump to mid 40s and then when running benchmark on cpu the temps spiral to past 70c after a few mins .. whats the maximum temp this cpu can run before damage ... the motherboard i reckon is crap as there are no settings for fan speed or even overclocking the motherboard gets quite hot too sometimes up to 68c ,... also how good is the nvidia 7500le ,, i have a 512mb one in my pc

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
CPU temps getting to 40c in a short time is normal and reasonable. Benchmarks are supposed to stress the processor by simulating load so as long as its stable at 70c you are good. I believe they cut off at 90 or 100c and there really is no temp that will damage the CPU instantly, but if you use it at 70c over a period of time, it will definitely reduce its lifespan.

Yea your motherboard might be letting you down a bit there. Intel boards are not the best for over clocking. To be honest not all motherboards come with an option to tinker with fan speeds, I think you get that mostly on ASUS motherboards.

The Nvidia 7500LE 512 is not a bad card but definitely not for intensive gaming. It was meant as a budget card for pre-built PC's.

If you have checked everything I mentioned yesterday and still have the issue, i'm guessing there is not much you can with the current hardware but those temps surely are fine. What temps do you get during normal use ?

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
A quick update here. Try to find a software called "AA1FanControl"

Apparently it works with only Acer Aspire Netbooks or Laptops but you never know. I have run it an Acer AIO PC and it works so I won't be surprised if it works on other brands.

Good Luck and Keep me updated

02hudsond

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
shortly after this post i had random reset problems so i changed the powersupply repasted the cpu and fan and my tempsa are now excellent ,, my idle temp is 27c and my max are 60c when the cpu is working at full load :) i use it for light gaming alot of video and internet use and its an amazing cpu for its age

InvalidError

Titan

It may have been decent in its time but today, even the HD2500 which is the worst of current-generation IGPs would still be a few times faster.