rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
I'm trying hard to choose RAM for this processor but I read somewhat (in this forum I think) that the PC5400 isn't timed well for this processor. The problem is that this RAM is on for a good deal (I live in Canada): http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...asp?EdpNo=1882393&sku=O261-8032&CMP=ILC-FPM06
I've looked at getting PC6400 RAM but for 2Gigs dual channel it's a little pricey yet.

So my question is would this RAM run acceptably?
Here's the mobo I picked out (because I want RAID 5):
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2353753&sku=I69-2132

Thank you very much for any help provided.

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Well, I went ahead and ordered the RAM. I've reading on OCZ's forum that the mobo I ordered tends to have issues with their RAM. So as much as I was hoping someone would have given an effort to respond to my request since this was, from my point of view has one of the most knowledgable forum user base around, I will most likely have issues now.

Well, live and learn the hard way I guess.

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Thanks for the response. Though my original question wasn't to do with the mobo but with the CPU and RAM. I just remember reading somewhere that the frequency of 667 RAM doesn't work well with the C2D E6400 because of the frequency's being out of sync. I just wanted this confirmed or denied.

In my second post, I mentioned something that I had found on OCZ's site. It seems that they don't list compatibility for any Intel boards so again I was hoping someone would given some kind of warning or tip on this.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I expect immediate answers for a post and demand an answer for all my questions. Heck that would be darn right unreasonable.

So again I wish to say that this is one of the best forums I've ever been to. There are many users here that sometimes blow me away with the knowledge they have about the ins and outs of technology. So I really appreciate any help I can get with questions I post.

Thanks.