E6600, stock speed, what temps

Kolorean

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
What temps should I be at on an idle 6600, at stock 2.4 with a Zalman 7000 installed. I didn't do this build, Mwave did, the system runs fines, but I get this on and off beep. ( I assume the 8800 gts doesn't beep) after a bit, it's a steady constant beep.

I assume the most accurate temp readings come from the Bios, is this right?

I am really not 100% whats wrong, but it seems to stop beeping after I take the side window off. It's an Apevia Cruiser, with 3 90mm fans.

benzene

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2007
Download intel TAT to check your temps under load. Post the temps here.

As a guide you should be idling at around 25 - 30*c as measured by TAT (maybe less at stock Vcore) and maxing out at 55*c tops.

MonocleCat

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Make sure that the airflow from your fans isn't being obstructed. Sometimes the hard drives/cables can really block the air from the front fan. If you have more than one hard drive installed, try arranging them in a way that that allows for more airflow; one at the top and one at the bottom of the cage usually works well if you're using two. Also, check to be sure that the air duct thing on the side of your case isn't blocking air flow to parts of your motherboard somehow. Hope this helps.

Kolorean

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
I am going to take a few pictures tonight, but let me say this, I didn't build this system, I used Mwave and their assembly option. I just didnt trust myself to do it, but I guess with out doing it myself, every step that went into i can't say.

I have one harddrive, and 1 DVD drive, the air flow is good there. The only thing that stands out to me is, the 8800 GTS is very, very near the bottom of the system, no direct air flow on it. i have been considering a PCI slot cooler, maybe it would help.

http://www.xoxide.com/fancard.html

Using speedfan or TAT, I am idling at 43, with an ambient of 29. At load, I am at 56 with no beeping. Looking at your case, It does not look to me like it will cool well. You may have to run those 90mm fans full out which will be noisy. The 8800gts generates lots of heat, not all of which is expelled out the back by the cooler. I helped my temps by 5 degrees by installing a slot cooler under the vga card like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999704