nau4nik

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Hi gays
will i noticied any huge diference if i move from e7300 to q9400. i know that i5 750 is close to price with this cpu but i will need to buy new mobo and that is not in my price range. I will use my cpu for gaming and sometimes for photoshop
thn

Solution

I see. The short answer is no, you wont see a huge difference in performance right now between theE7300 and 9400 in gaming, but more of a difference in photoshop. The quad core would age better than your dual core--but i really think waiting to get an i5 is the more economical choice in the long run.

I think you would get the best value by overclocking now, and saving for a more significant upgrade to an i5 motherboard in a year or so.

Check out a comparison here: (they dont have a E7300 so i did...

oc_4life

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010

gaming you might not notice that much if anything they have the same amount of cache per core... but anything that is able to use more than 2 cores(like photoshop) the jump should be pretty nice

yes i agree.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
What kind of graphics + ram do you have? There might be other areas that would help boost your performance too.

Adobe CS4 is capable of using a graphics card to increase performance... So you might want to consider an upgrade there instead that would help gaming and photoshop.

Personally, I would stick with this one (and overclock) until you can afford a new motherboard, but if you were going to upgrade I would go all the way and spend a little more on your LGA 775 board with a better Q9550 processor.

nau4nik

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
ty for replay gays
my 4870x2 will came this weekend so i think that this gpu is good for gaming on 1680 x 1280. Also i have 4g ddr2. I will buy this cpu for 120 $ and q9550 is about 240$ in my country and that's to exspansive for me.

nau4nik

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
i know a friend that has q6600 and from what i saw i think that q6600 was an exsperimental cpu form intel it does not use all cores constantly(sorry am not good at english i can't exsplain what i want to tell you)

oc_4life

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010

right the issue is not that the quad has an issue with using all the cores its that the software being used doesnt use all the cores...

run a program called Prime95 or Intel Burn Test on your friends computer

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

I see. The short answer is no, you wont see a huge difference in performance right now between theE7300 and 9400 in gaming, but more of a difference in photoshop. The quad core would age better than your dual core--but i really think waiting to get an i5 is the more economical choice in the long run.

I think you would get the best value by overclocking now, and saving for a more significant upgrade to an i5 motherboard in a year or so.

Check out a comparison here: (they dont have a E7300 so i did it with E7500--if you overclocked you could probably beat the 7500 score)
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/default.aspx?p=87&p2=76

You will see than in a few areas the quad core totally dominates the dual core--but in many there is little difference.

Solution