EA and BioWare Announce Dragon Age 2 for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Was not overly impressed with the first one, I may pass on this or at least wait until I can pick it up in a bargain bin one day.

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
the same things as the last game but a diffrent story, how original, I am honestly sick with the all their games rounding on about gathering allies, there were nothing to explore on the first game, the map was locked and there were not much places to go nor dungeons even the amount of different sets and gear was minimal.

plz change up your ideas bioware.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Ohhh... can't wait! I hope we get to find out what happened to Morrigan. As for Mass Effect 3, that should be out next year as well (or 2012 if it gets delayed... hopefully they'll get it out before the end of the world). :)

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
"Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style."

"Dragon Age II will be on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in March 2011."

Hmm, those two sentences don't go together. If you are pushing this out on the Xbox, either you are scaling back graphics just for the platform, or you are scaling back graphics for all platforms. I hope its the former...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]gnesterenko[/nom]... If you are pushing this out on the Xbox, either you are scaling back graphics just for the platform, or you are scaling back graphics for all platforms. I hope its the former...[/citation]

Actually the Xbox 360's GPU is arguably superior to the PS3. It's the 7-core Cell processor on the PS3 that allows it to keep up, and in many cases surpass the 360. It's all in how the game is developed.

For this one, since all three platforms are involved, it's likely developed for the PC primarily, which is easier to port to the 360 than the PS3. For this particular game, most likely it's the PS3 that will be "scaled back" more than the 360.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Am I the only person who feels VERY ripped off that they're not continuing the story from the first? I mean, it left off like there was going to be one, i want to know wtf is up with morrigan and the kid.

And FFS, not another cartoony "stylized" game overhaul! Why fix it if its not broken?

I'm sure it will still look cool and play awesome tho, as it IS still a Bioware game. But why make such drastic changes in this series and its visual style? Keep things consistent! Make a new RPG series if you want to experiment and change things so much, cmon.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Dragon Age on PC was pretty epic. Dragon Age on a console was an epic disaster. The 360 release's graphics made it look like a release for the original XBOX, and playing that game with a gamepad was useless. (Point being that Dragon Age 2, despite not following the original story, should be a pretty awesome game for the PC. Hopefully it won't be such garbage on consoles this time around).

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
I wonder if i am the only one that still feels screwed over awakening, here in Europe its a download only and while the disc based versions are 20 euro or cheaper on my PS3 i would have to pay 39 Euro for it. There is no way i will buy another dragon age game before they fix their ridiculous pricing.

Sure DA:O was a great game but i really would prefer a disc based expansion set so i can play it again in 10 years or at least a fair price for the frikkin download.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I like the DA on PC a lot. Though I also have the PS3 version, I did not play it much on my PS3. For RPG, I still like my mouse and keyboard better. While it kind of make it easier for everybody, the deep storyline of the DA really bring a lot of old classic RPG feeling (which I miss a lot) back. While the expension was a little short, but it was fun to play.

I really can't wait to play the DA2 on my PC!!!

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I tried playing Dragon Age, but just couldn't get into it. I don't know I just didn't like the game play. I do however want to finish it, but just haven't had the time recently.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age."

this one line has me a bit concerned for several reasons

1. sounds like they are throwing out backgorunds and character customization (ie cant chose race/sex ). i seriously got sick of final fantasy as an RPG series because they never allowed players to make their own chars after the first one. if dragon age goes this way ..count me out on number 2.

2. sounds ,lik3 fable 2's story,which sounded like neverwinter nights 2's story ,which sound like (insert name here),which inturn sounded like... ecetera ectetera seriouslyhow many rpg's don'tstart out like this LOL i liek teh idea for fable 3 ,where your character is actualy starting out as a somebody noble

3. * searching -sniff sniff* i smell prequel.... seriously given the story in the first dragon age game , it seems to me the single most important charactrer in the world would be the guy that founded the grey wardens.and since DA origins started on like the 3-4th blight (cant remember which) this wilmostlikely be a prequel ..which quite honestly it was cool for star wars, but seems every one is hitting the "prequel" trend pipe these days it's getting old fast i didn'tget into the idea of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. prequel so why should i get excited about this ???

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]Actually the Xbox 360's GPU is arguably superior to the PS3. It's the 7-core Cell processor on the PS3 that allows it to keep up, and in many cases surpass the 360. It's all in how the game is developed. For this one, since all three platforms are involved, it's likely developed for the PC primarily, which is easier to port to the 360 than the PS3. For this particular game, most likely it's the PS3 that will be "scaled back" more than the 360.[/citation]

most likely not ,it was welldocumented that DA:O was scaled back more on the 360 than it was on the pc ,so it is most likely that any sequel will follow this same rule since they are most likely using the same engine. i guessatwhy teh 360version was scaled back more on teh original is simple threading , being designed for pc, DA:O was multi threaded to take advantage of higher core chips , the 360 is locked at 3 cores with a vid card that is equvilant to a x1900 radeon while the ps3 is closer to a 7 core chip with a gf 7800 sure it programs differnt but the engine likes it better for having a higher core count. so i wont besuprised if teh ps3 version of number 2 lookes better thant eh xbox 360 one , of coruse it goes with out sayign pc willlook the best .

should be noted though i run this game max settings on a dual core athy 5000+ BE (oced to 3 ghz) and a radeon 5770(before that a gf 9600gt which stil did the job on this game" but then again my cpu is clockedmuch higehr than that 3 core on a 360 or the ps3 chip also my comp has a crap load more memory for video and system

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS