EA Announces Battlefield Play4Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
What OS's does it run on ? Kinda important, since I hate the boot-up time of windows. And wine just generally sucks balls. Still, both of them have progressed splendidly over the years.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I have a 20 second (5 seconds added cause of password to type in) boot up time and I am running on a 640 WD black hardrive 7200 rpm ( also its windows 7)

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
If it's reworked Battlefield 2 maps with destructible environments and Bad Company 2-quality graphics, I'll be interested. If they're just BF2 maps with 6 year old graphics and just new weapons thrown in, I'll be less interested. They may as well just make BF2 free to download.

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I love battlefield, but I must admit I dont play BC2 anymore, the game just isnt battlefield on the scale that I came to love. It seems if this is primarily designed for PC and uses BF2 maps, not the choke-point cluster **** COD/BC2 style maps, then it might be a good calling back to old school BF.

If dice screws up BF3, I will cry blood.

However this game looks really good, and I hope it lives up to the Battlefield Moniker, I will definitely give it a shot.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
It's BF2 graphics, BFBC2 weapons/classes, and BF Heroes microtransactions.
You know, the worst of all worlds.
At least there's more maps.

I've lost faith in DICE. They've had enough of my money, time for me to choose someone else.
Seeing as I also dislike CoD and Halo, what shooter will I play next?

number1guy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]It's BF2 graphics, BFBC2 weapons/classes, and BF Heroes microtransactions.You know, the worst of all worlds.At least there's more maps.I've lost faith in DICE. They've had enough of my money, time for me to choose someone else.Seeing as I also dislike CoD and Halo, what shooter will I play next?[/citation]
Nothing. Stop playing them because you obviously don't enjoy them.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
What is EA up to...free games. I don't see how they do this. They also let you return opened games. I got the medal of honor, hated it and EA refunded my full purchase price when I mailed it back. Are they trying to win hearts and minds with this stuff?

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
It's not free..ask anyone who played Battlefield Heroes. You cannot compete unless you buy the upper end weapons. At first, on the lower ranks you will be fine. But once the rankings go up and high end weapons are available for $$$ you will be murdered with your free weapon. It will be the equivalent of a knife in a rocket fight.

ochho87

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
[citation][nom]rpmrush[/nom]It's not free..ask anyone who played Battlefield Heroes. You cannot compete unless you buy the upper end weapons. At first, on the lower ranks you will be fine. But once the rankings go up and high end weapons are available for $$$ you will be murdered with your free weapon. It will be the equivalent of a knife in a rocket fight.[/citation]

that's actually not true, all weapons are available through in-game points. If I remember correctly, you can only "buy" with real-money the costumes and stuff

randomizer

Champion
BF2 is my favourite title in the series. It took what was good about BF1942 and made it better, although I do miss submarines. :D Everything after BF2 is just a new paint job though.

..Windows boot up time really? Get a SSD drive it takes mine 12 seconds to boot to desktop and shuts down in 2.

You shouldn't need to spend copious amounts of money to band-aid fix a problem that is elsewhere.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I wonder if they're going to make extensive use of in-game advertising, like Battlefield 2 on crack. That would be better than a 'pay for sweet guns' kind of system.

rextrendy

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
This is going to be horrible. With BF Heroes you have to get a competitive weapon. And then they come out with even better weapons later so you have to upgrade again. And it just keeps going like that with all aspects of the game. I would rather buy the game once then have to pay for it over and over again.

This game is much like the model of War Rock and many other Korean F2P-FPS. They have quite a bit of players worldwide, actually. You don't even need to buy a weapon with real cash if you're good and earn a ton of in-game cash - real money just makes it easier for you to get that top ranking weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS