Question EA anti-cheat is getting deleted everytime I install it, what might cause the conflict? And where can I find logs?

moehamm

Reputable
Jul 5, 2019
What I tried:
I tried to turn off my windows anti-virus and install it, it got deleted.
Installed and re-Installed manually, and still got the same problem it got deleted.
Deleted and Installed the whole game and nada.
Steam needs to install it everytime I run an EA game (Apex, FIFA, etc..). The thing is, it was not a problem 2 days ago! And I did not install anything new at all (except for the NVidia driver update, but the problem occured before the update).

Where can I find logs to know what's the problem?

Laptop specs: Dell precision 5510 workstation (32 GB of RAM 2133MHz, intel i7-6820HQ, Nvidia M1000M and intel HD 530)
Drivers are all up to date.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
do you have any other games with anti cheats?
could be a conflict

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, just stops non Microsoft programs loading with windows, easy to reverse

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

ASK THE COMMUNITY