EA Booth Hands-On: Battlefield 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]kbwut18[/nom]playing assault, reviving teammates and throwing out medpacks.hm.[/citation]
HAHA, i laughed at that too when i read it. I give toms credit for their enthusiasm though :) bf3 will be amazinggggg!

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]blackmancer[/nom]actually ME1 had grenades[/citation]

The executive producer told me otherwise. Mine/his mistake I guess!
-Devin

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Unfortunately, Star Wars will not come close to the following that WoW has had. Every "Geek" will probably play it, but I can't see others getting into it.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Besides the graphics which are outstanding.. BF3 looks more like BC3. Only 4 to squad, regenerative healing (but not under fire), no commander, spotting.
I'll reserve judgement until I play it.. the graphics and destruction look amazing though.

G

i thought the whole point of an assault class is to kill everything that moves and be best suited for that role not

"hey bud you got shot. lemme stop my assault and help you get back up. its ok those enemies firing at us can wait"

it was bad enough such a class had the ammo pack in BC2 but now they have medkits? i wonder if it's possible to insert a new class at this point in the game's development

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ironmb[/nom]Can't wait for SWTOR.. It's about time to knock WOW off that throne.[/citation]

Lot's of WoW killer MMOs have been released, none have come close. Ironically, the thing that is killing WoW is poor design choices made by Blizzard themselves...

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
All I have to say is TOR needs a sick PvP system. that is -the- only thing that can kill WoW. Wow's PvE is dull, and it's story is in the toilet. The only thing you can prey on is the only thing left it has. PvP.

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
ea can kiss my ... i will be hard pressed to buy another game from them without much research and scrutiny, after what was done to the dragon age franchise. can't wait to see how me3 turns out!

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
[citation][nom]el_bastardo74[/nom]ea can kiss my ... i will be hard pressed to buy another game from them without much research and scrutiny, after what was done to the dragon age franchise. can't wait to see how me3 turns out![/citation]

EA has actually been much better about leaving developers alone and letting them make their product. They've improved since they horribly mutilated the Black and White series.

G

Assault class now in BF3 acts like a medic. Medic class is no more.

G

The executive producer probably forgot that there were grenades in ME1 like everyone else did. No one remembered those things; they weren't very useful.

Can't wait for SW:TOR and ME3. Also, since WoW wasn't nearly as popular as it is now when it was first released, one could easily argue that SW:TOR is actually the most ANTICIPATED MMO ever made. No other has had this much of a following before having a release date.

G

"Assault class now in BF3 acts like a medic. Medic class is no more."

I could be mistaken but then what is a support class? I'm more inclined to believe that Tom's simply made a mistake and meant to say they played the support class (not assault).

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]Lot's of WoW killer MMOs have been released, none have come close. Ironically, the thing that is killing WoW is poor design choices made by Blizzard themselves...[/citation]

Its Activi$ion now.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Typical MMO mechanics is what will probably ruin TOR for me. I don't know how people find that crap fun.

I hope BF3 has commanders. A good commander made a huge difference and was another way rank meant something, and enhanced the feeling that you're part of an army on a battlefield. I'm on the fence as to whether medic should be a separate class. I guess it depends on how powerful assault is. Grenade launcher plus specialty grenades, like flash would be better. I'm assuming support once again supplies ammo. I hope anti-tank has an unlockable anti-air weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.