EA Details DLC Roadmap For 'Star Wars: Battlefront'

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddybody

Distinguished
I played the beta, and just loved the immersion as a SW fan...everyone's criticism on the lack of depth has turned me off in purchasing it however. Waiting to see how content grows/prices go down.

BuckDollars

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
Great roadmap!
Love the game. Its fun and easy, great pace and well balanced (bowcaster being the exeption). I like as a supplement to BF4/BFH, which have more depth. Often I find myself pew-pewing for an hour before mixing it up with something else...

IVPeters

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Amazon had their "exclusive steelbook" PC version (that doesn't include a physical disc of any kind, which I found amusing) for 39.99 last week so I grabbed a copy. Still not sure if I want to drop another $50 for SP though.

TwoSpoons100

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014
Until they replace the dreadful matchmaking system with a proper server browser I'm not buying any DLC. I still don't understand why they went down this route - Dice have a perfectly good server browser in BF, why on earth didn't they re-use that?

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Oh look, more DLC that justifies the "Premium" type thing that Battlefield 4 did. I hate when people make acute complaints at launch. ACUTE. Meaning that yes, it is $120, but if you would take a minute and wait a couple of friggen months get that game $20 MSRP and get the $60 premium with 5 DLC packs. Just like Battlefield 4, it will be loaded with content to the brim. The game went on a $30 MSRP during christmas.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
The game is a long shot to what battlefront 2 was. At best its a dice game that failed to deliver what battlefield franchises like BF4 had. And seriously where the "f" is conquest mode?!?!?!? Hello.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I like how the only good things I hear about this game are "OMG STAR WARS!!!" Nobody who likes it has anything meaningful to say about it. Because if you just stop and look past the Star Wars theme and look at just the game itself, you realize it's really pretty rubbish.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I guess the game needs much more depth, but I couldn't stand it long enough to get bored with what little they've offered.

Seriously, just fix the spawning and I'll be wayyyyyy happier with this game.

I like how the only good things I hear about this game are "OMG STAR WARS!!!" Nobody who likes it has anything meaningful to say about it. Because if you just stop and look past the Star Wars theme and look at just the game itself, you realize it's really pretty rubbish.

My nephew was hooked by the immersion of the authentic blaster fire and light saber sounds pre-launch. He played it less than a week, dumped for Snake and Quiet.

f-14

Distinguished
beat the entire game in 3 hours..way to easy AI spawn is like medal of honor allied assault, except who ever programmed the spawn rate and designed the AI is an IDIOT. plays like any early edition of call of duty. the maps are piss poor also, it's like halo's box canyon but in a circle that is the same in every map

Gurbo

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
As a Star Wars game, it's absolutely amazing, the graphics and sound are incredible... on the other hand, as an FPS or even a Battlefront game, it sucks.
I expected much more than this from DICE, and I don't even care about the "milk the cash cow" DLC approach, they can do that and I won't give half a shit, but at least make a decent FPS out of it. I hope this was just some kind of test run and they make the next one into a worthy shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.