EA/Funcom's The Secret World MMORPG Now Live

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Given their(Funcom) bad customer record history on AO and AoC, I say I do not have high hopes on TSW at least at this kind of price and from Funcom. Starwars hasnt really be a success, how can this be any better?

brettms71

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Wolvan[/nom]All you people who complain about paying to play need to stop browsing the forums and get a job. If you can't pay $15/month on a product, you shouldn't be playing any games, but getting a second job.I would gladly pay more then $15/month for a good game. That is .50c a freaking day. Cut one coffee out every week and its payed for. Free to pay (ie pay to win with microtransactions) sucks.As for The Secret World, I had heard of it years ago, forgot all about it until 2 weeks ago when I got an invite to the last beta weekend. I was wary, after the Age of Conan ickyness, but this game is pretty awesome. I've been playing MMO's since Asheron's Call, and gaming my entire life. The storyline is top notch, the skill system is unique, awesome and frustrating at the same time (if I only had 1 more active slot...)[/citation]

I played Asherons call many many years ago. Great game! I'm pretty sure it was $15 a month back then for that game. So if MMO's are still $15 a month 12-13 years later, that means it's probably pretty good value in my book. I have tried the micro transaction model, and yeah i end up spending more money, because you really can't experience the game unless you pay in some form.

G

512 kbps is okay, but 64 is..... what kind of age are you living in, seriously?

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I would have played this game, but im still VERY sore with FC on how they treated AoC and its pvp community. they fired the original game direcctor, hired that idiot morrison, and it went very down hill from there imo.

G

wtf????????????? i am never going to buy this fucking game.............. 60 dollars + monthy 15 dollars........ i am frm india.. and generally... a 60$ = 3300rs approx as currency exchange...but the very same game here costs something like 2000rs in india.. and its still very expensive...and paying 15 dollars is like.. 1000 rs ... should i pay 3000 rs first and the then spend 1000 rs every month to play the game?? i just pre-ordered assassins creed 3 for 1000rs. i hope some one will pirate this game that includes mulitplayer.. i wanted to buy this game...... even though its costs me double. frm internet... but after knowing this monthly package...... ....... fuck this game.... i curse this game....... it shall run in loses...... n it should end up in utter failure.............. u just lost one valuble customer funcom n also i guess some thousands of customers... in india n all around the world.. coz of ur greed........ i gues this fucking game deserves piracy with online gameplay..........

G

64kbps thing is actually not ture.. mayank is frm india.. and me too... here the broadband connections for most of them starts with 256kbps. most of them have 256kbps.... meduim number of ppl have have 512kbps.. rare are those who have more than 2 mbps.. very rare to find a 10mbps+ connections... i got 10mpbs.... :)

by the way only less than 40 % of the total population have a computer... and less than 10 % of those who have computers have an internet connection.. so...... its india.. we r fucknig ppoor...................... and they expect us to be proud of our nation............ :D

p.s : 56% of the swiss bank deposits is frm indians(the rich)

Status
Not open for further replies.