EA/Funcom's The Secret World MMORPG Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
EA? lol... 50 bucks plus 15 monthly for a game that nobody ever heard of... EA seriously quit asking high for so little in the game itself. You suck at making/publishing games without corrupting them.

evismang

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
EA is just publishing this one. Developed entirely by FC, and published partly by them too. Not that it'll make the game any better. Been playing AO since 2001, lost a lot of faith in FC as a company.

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
wait a minute.. it's not free? charged at traditional full price and still have to pay per month? i thought it was free at the beginning?

[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]EA? lol... 50 bucks plus 15 monthly for a game that nobody ever heard of... EA seriously quit asking high for so little in the game itself. You suck at making/publishing games without corrupting them.[/citation]

EA didn't make or publish the game, they're just facilitating distribution through Origin. Funcom has a good track record of solid games.

G

if the price isn't enough to put me off, origin certainly is.

G

you dont have to get it off origin, I got the game 2 days ago with the pre-order early start. It's actually a lot more fun than i thought it would be

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I have been looking forward to The Secret World, but I didn't realize it would be a full retail price game + monthly fee. If they were to give a 2 week trial, and then charge you a smaller monthly fee afterwards, I would almost consider it. Maybe 8 to 10 bucks a month, but not dropping fifty and then another fifteen dollars a month later. Even better, the initial fifty bucks should buy you 3 months. There are so many possibilities, but this old pricing model isn't one of them, not for me anyways. On to Guild Wars 2.

blackbke

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
To all the EA/Origin haters: there's no Origin with this game. You buy, download and administer this game from a dedicated thesecretworld.com site. No EA around at all.

I've played this game occasionally for 3 days now and I really like it so far, but it's hard to make up my mind just yet. There are so many things to discover and so little time. Some may be turned off by the recurring monthly fee, but in my opinion a month of fun for 15$ isn't that much of a bad deal.

It's definitely a change from WoW and alikes. The no-levels-no-classes approach is refreshing. The more real world and story driven approach as well (although there are fantasy elements in it). Together with a modern and customizable interface out-of-the-box I would recommend to try out this game.

Before your jump in know that this is a more involved MMO and you'll need some time to get the hang of it. If you want to grind-grind rush-rush to the end you may as well head back to your friendly WoW and leave The Secret World... secret.

[citation][nom]blackbke[/nom]To all the EA/Origin haters: there's no Origin with this game. You buy, download and administer this game from a dedicated thesecretworld.com site. No EA around at all.I've played this game occasionally for 3 days now and I really like it so far, but it's hard to make up my mind just yet. There are so many things to discover and so little time. Some may be turned off by the recurring monthly fee, but in my opinion a month of fun for 15$ isn't that much of a bad deal.It's definitely a change from WoW and alikes. The no-levels-no-classes approach is refreshing. The more real world and story driven approach as well (although there are fantasy elements in it). Together with a modern and customizable interface out-of-the-box I would recommend to try out this game.Before your jump in know that this is a more involved MMO and you'll need some time to get the hang of it. If you want to grind-grind rush-rush to the end you may as well head back to your friendly WoW and leave The Secret World... secret.[/citation]

I've heard all around great things about it. I bought it, patching right now

bignick18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
The game sounds interesting but not for the price tag. If it was like GW2 where i just had to pay $60 for the game i would probably give it a go. I wish it luck but i dont hold out alot of hope for it.

nexus9113

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Ugh people, EA has nothing to do with this game's development. They are merely dealing with box copies (like The Orange Box on PS3) and giving a distribution venue through Origin. I have this game and don't have Origin on my system. Try doin a little research next time.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Pinhedd[/nom]EA didn't make or publish the game, they're just facilitating distribution through Origin. Funcom has a good track record of solid games.[/citation]give me a break? AO is poorly maintained MMO, is almost dying, AoC was aim to complete with WOW turn out to be an epic fail too.

Now this that require purchase the game for a huge 50 bucks + 15 bucks every month. Starwars has fail I dont see how this can be success, especially with GW2 coming out.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]minimum net speed of 512KBPS you wont be getting many subscribers from my country. here avg speed is 64KBPS.[/citation]
that's probably kilobits per second

G

There is only one MMO on the horizon that I will be investing my money and time in. Guild Wars 2

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
This people is insane only wow can charge 15 $ per month all the other online games are becoming free... if they make this one f2p or p2w ill probably play and lose cause im broke XD

the1neo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
What these company's have to ask them selves is are game worth charging for considering the competition and the fact they could not even decide what direction the game should go. Did you say aliens are going to be in expansion was that not the trailer they showed for the game now no aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.