EA isnt supporting the original version on its servers any..

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
official version!
Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:45:43 GMT, mike allegretto
<rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>
>Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
>servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
>booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
>official version!
>Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
>

You might be having trouble with Punkbuster updates. Check with
the punkbuster website.

John Lewis
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:08:07 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:45:43 GMT, mike allegretto
><rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
>>servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
>>booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
>>official version!
>>Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
>>
>
>You might be having trouble with Punkbuster updates. Check with
>the punkbuster website.
>
>John Lewis


Apparently this is a punkbuster-related issue. i ran a file i found
called PB-Setup that auto-updates PB for games. After i ran it i was
able to get into a game about 3 out of 10 tries. How do i make it 10
out of 10?
 

Steph

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
283
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:

>
> Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
> servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
> booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
> official version!
> Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!

Um ... what game are you talking about?


stePH
--
"Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
-- The Doctor
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
>
> >
> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
> > booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
> > official version!
> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
>
> Um ... what game are you talking about?
>
>
> stePH
> --
> "Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
> I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
> -- The Doctor

Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? :cool:
I suspect that the server he is trying to get on has not yet made the jump
to the latest patch.


--

Dr. Dickie
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."
-- Wallace Stevens
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:56:11 -0400, "Dr. Dickie"
<Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote:

>
>"stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
>> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
>> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
>>
>> >
>> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
>> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it keeps
>> > booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to an
>> > official version!
>> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
>>
>> Um ... what game are you talking about?
>>
>>
>> stePH
>> --
>> "Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
>> I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
>> -- The Doctor
>
>Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? :cool:
>I suspect that the server he is trying to get on has not yet made the jump
>to the latest patch.


plus punkbuster wasn't updating properly.
 

Steph

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
283
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Dr. Dickie" <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote in
news:1121871372.d81a876f6837445dee251dc9c3bf700f@teranews:

>
> "stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
>> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
>> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
>>
>> >
>> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
>> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it
>> > keeps booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to
>> > an official version!
>> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
>>
>> Um ... what game are you talking about?
>
> Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? :cool:

I wouldn't know; I've never played it nor its predecessor.


stePH
--
"Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
-- The Doctor
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On 20 Jul 2005 20:37:23 +0200, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Dr. Dickie" <Dr_Dickie@chembench.com> wrote in
>news:1121871372.d81a876f6837445dee251dc9c3bf700f@teranews:
>
>>
>> "stePH" <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> news:42de603a_3@x-privat.org...
>>> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in
>>> news:ijerd19ss4lp707g6iptsl38ng1qfah547@4ax.com:
>>>
>>> >
>>> > Unless you run the latest patch you cant play on most of the ranked
>>> > servers anymore. for me thats bad as when i use patch v1.02 it
>>> > keeps booting me as saying i got modified content, please revert to
>>> > an official version!
>>> > Yes this patch file is from the official EA site!
>>>
>>> Um ... what game are you talking about?
>>
>> Battlefield 2. Is there any other right now? :cool:
>
>I wouldn't know; I've never played it nor its predecessor.
>

Pity. If you are an action-game fan, you are missing out on some great
fun. Try BF1942 first... in MP only. SP only for training. The bots
are nowhere as good as those in BF2... where a few real SP bugs
related to bot behavior still need to get sorted. A good broadband
connection for either game is mandatory.
>

John Lewis

>stePH
>--
>"Let me guess -- my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you,
>I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
>-- The Doctor
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY