EA: No Patches for Battlefield 3 Outside Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultraman

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Origin should allow mirrors through local ISPs like Steam does. Then you can just download from Telstra or whoever you're with and have unmetered downloads.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Origin is a piece of crap..
Steam on the other hand unifies all of the important stuff, patching, games, community, groups clans and friends, DLC + content, trailers, demo's, gifting etc..

Origin has.. Games.. Friends.. Is EA-Only.. :\
Seriously who came up with Origin? Is there anyone that actually likes it?

Plus it tends to tell me my "REMEMBERED PASSWORD" from the ticked box is wrong a lot.
It's like EA is intentionally trying to turn players away from their new content. :\

G

People don't have flat rate in 2011?

Nonetheless, Origin still sucks.

G

People really need to start voting with their wallet...and not just for games. For everything. Easiest way to change the landscape.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Metered access? How awful. But then what the hell kind of game - especially a recently launched one - needs 3.6GB patches? Sounds like they didn't actually finish it until after it was already on sale.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Fans are encouraged to visit the official game forum and vent their thoughts if patching is a major problem.

Except if you complain about it on their forums (much less vent what everybody's thinking anyways), they'll just ban your account, which is standard operating procedure for them.

admir00

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
EA and its Origin App annoy everyone. The EA's forums are filled with people complaining about that service. Don't even mention it's battlelog, and other 99 problems with BF3, but hey a bi*** ain't one. (from BF3 official trailer) :)

admir00

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]Except if you complain about it on their forums (much less vent what everybody's thinking anyways), they'll just ban your account, which is standard operating procedure for them.[/citation]

So true!

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Damn, one game I might've wanted to play for this year. Ah well, I guess it's back to the last CoD I "voted" for. CoD4. Or just TF2 it up. For free.

And hotsacoman, you have a damn good point. :)

ultraman

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
My main pet peeve with Origin is that I can't freely change my name. For some reason it's stuck as my username which is kind of stupid.

srafty

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Thats okay, the massive patch ruined battlefield 3's game play balance and introduce more bugs then it fixed

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
EA YOUR STUPID SHITTY ORIGIN DOESNT EVEN SUPPORT RESUME.I CANT KEEP MY PC ON FOR 2 DAYS SO I TURNED IT OFF AT NIGHT WHEN IT WAS 70% AND THE NEXT MORNING WHEN I TRIED TO RESUME IT WENT TO 45%.I NEARLY BROKE THE BF3 CD IN RAGE.

intel4eva

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Mr. Parrish, don't encourage players to "vent" on the official forums. There have been numerous reports of people getting banned from the forums for what appears to be not much, and have lost access to all the games linked through Origin, BF3 included.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I remember the hate towards "Steam" when it first launched.. As time goes on and Origin matures like steam it will be just as great as steam, the only difference is, Origin is specifically for EA games only. Get over it. I like it.

Kodiack

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
[citation][nom]sync_nine[/nom]At least you can play on offline mode on origin, unlike steam.[/citation]

You do know there is an offline mode for Steam, correct? It's not exactly a secret...

maoriii

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
more bad news from the unaccountable tyranny that is EA and so many other monstrously evil corporations. consumers lose in this new era of evil tyrannical corporate dominance.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]giovanni86[/nom]I remember the hate towards "Steam" when it first launched.. As time goes on and Origin matures like steam it will be just as great as steam, the only difference is, Origin is specifically for EA games only. Get over it. I like it.[/citation]
problem is there was nothing like steam at the time of its launch, and most of the hate was due to fear of what steam could have been.

what we feared steam could have been origin is.

[citation][nom]Kodiack[/nom]You do know there is an offline mode for Steam, correct? It's not exactly a secret...[/citation]

and it never exactly workes right for me. not once sense i used it, has it worked, and last time i could have used it was 3 days ago when internet was down for several hours.

--------------------------

all that asside, what the hell is a 3.5gb patch fixing? did they just make battlefield 4? did the patch add 200 ish maps? tell me because i seriously want to know, what could have been patched in 3.5gb? did tessellation get added or other dx11 features?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]srafty[/nom]Thats okay, the massive patch ruined battlefield 3's game play balance and introduce more bugs then it fixed[/citation]
Yeah i'm crashing every x minutes or so, where x is a random quantity.

[citation][nom]sync_nine[/nom]At least you can play on offline mode on origin, unlike steam.[/citation]
Eh? But what about the offline mode for battlelog?

G

Origin arrived way too late to become a relevant digital distribution platform. Similar to zune vs ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.