EA: No Shooter Compares to Battlefield 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
I hate EA launches, they flop and make me angry, I mean I spent the first month or so of owning bf3 not able to play. I will be very upset if this happens again, but damn the game looks good.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
BF3 was a big letdown for me, compared to BF2 it lacked TONS of TEAMPLAY elements, voice-chat,commanders,flags far enough away from eachother so that you had to TRAVEL a minute or two (none of this flying over the entire map in 5 seconds like Caspian Border)

BF4 BETTER be at BF2 level and not some hyped up shit like BF3 was.

JJ1217

Honorable
mm Bf3 had many issues for me, including not downloading registry files necessary to play the game. Its okay though. I am looking forward to Battlefield 4, it looks pretty good.

But will it require an update or 20 to work properly?

Will your admins abuse it like they already do in BF3?

This is more like Battlefield 3.5 its the same looks different maps seriously.

Hows about make Bullet storm 2 id buy that.

I really enjoyed Battlefield 3, 4 looks like what 3 should have been, I just wish they added more content/features that 2/2142 had. My issues with 3 was the small maps, small teams, and no commander.

redeemer

Distinguished
BF4 will be great if not greater than BF3, but I am so bored with shooters. Looking forward to games like, Daylight, Routine, Out Last, Evil Within...yeah morbid I know but horror games are so much more entertaining!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Yah, I think their Ego is bigger than the Quality of their products by far. BF3 has it's issues so i suspect BF4 will as well. When it goes to $ 19.99 maybe i'll pick it up.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Yah, I think their Ego is bigger than the Quality of their products by far. BF3 has it's issues so i suspect BF4 will as well. When it goes to $ 19.99 maybe i'll pick it up.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
One problem; EA runs it, so I won't own it. Don't care if it's the next coming for video games of all... I'm done padding their pockets, period.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
HAHA So many suckers here for this supposedly updated game, yeah right! Have fun with those micro transactions from both EA and MS. You'll pay it cause you're a zombie of the man...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i don't understand why people are so willing to accept EA's Origin when they always have these anti-PC sentiments. They're basically acting like we're the bottom of the barrel, and our money isn't as good as Console gamers. Now tell me again why you're ok with buying games off of origin.

G

Micro-transactions are completely optional. Just like DLC. You don't have to buy it if you don't want. It's not required to complete the game (no big message saying "insert more money to complete the game"). You can finish the game without spending a dime on that stuff.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

There's pros and cons to each. To keep it short though, if publishers would allow developers to give the PC more attention, they would gain a nice bit of profit. Crysis and The Witcher 2 are nice examples imo.

On topic though, BF4 is like any other FPS. You kill people and have vehicles. Or he's twisting words around and since visually it is in a league with only a few other games, that makes it like no other. I know, it really isn't. I am excited for large maps like the old days though.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
For me the battlefield franchise had floaty controllers, and were a pretty shallow gameplay experience. I don't think it could compete with what PC games are used to.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I lost interest after they killed the ability for me to LAN game with my nieces, nephews, and siblings who don't let them play rated M games.

Status
Not open for further replies.