EA Reveals Battlefield 3 LE, Pre-Order Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Lemme know when the steam version is available. And they release a sdk for this. Bf3 could easily last 10 years with that. Let the community make maps for the game for free ea then patch the best ones in. Makes more sense than paying your devs teams then making us pay for them. Free maps and new games bought at 30 a crack, or a map pack that fragments the community that makes you $15 each? Which sounds like it'll make money to you?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
"2) the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers; "

Surely this is a typo; The SKS is NOT a sniper rifle. It's not even a "long range" rifle. Maybe they mean the SVT or SVD the former being a 1940's rifle, and the latter a Combloc Warsawpact era rifle. Both of these have long range applications.

G

I'll only buy it if its available on steam. I'm not going to maintain anther games/store platform.

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
After playing it for a while in alpha I got to say most of the "Bad company 3" comments were due to the shitty map choice. It was A) small with only 32 players B) Rush mode and C) almost infantry only. Which is exactly the equation for what bc2 is known for. My biggest complaint about it was the poor 3d spotting system which was spammable but is getting fixed with the extremely vocal threads about it on the alpha forums. Once we get into the 64 player maps with jets and helicopter everywhere the BF2 feeling will come back full steam. Also, the spawning system was fairly borked due to using a old version of the game for alpha... made attacking very hard when you couldn't spawn on your squad and had to spawn all the way back at base. The BF2142 class system is a nice change though.

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Seriously guys, wtf with this not being on Steam. Guess I will be missing out on it too but glad I got my Bad Company 2 multiplayer with destructable buildings (left of out BF3, another thing I can't believe).

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom].......no LAN support too, imma guess and after crysis 2 was pulled from steam and EA trying to push it's "Origin", makes me doubt a steam version would be available at launch[/citation]

Actually, Origin isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. You will not even have to have it running to play the game. It is literally just used in acquiring the games. The true problem may come with the battlelog system they are trying to use which is hit-and-miss at best.

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Maximus_Delta[/nom]Seriously guys, wtf with this not being on Steam. Guess I will be missing out on it too but glad I got my Bad Company 2 multiplayer with destructable buildings (left of out BF3, another thing I can't believe).[/citation]
It was only left out of the game due to being AN OLD ALPHA. They stated most of the destruction and particle effect were not in this version of the game and will be in beta. The alpha version was gutted. Is this seriously the first alpha for people now? Doesn't seem like they understand the purpose (which was testing battlelog mostly and macro gameplay mechanics).

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The game has LAN. and for those people who keep saying no steam no buy and all your friends is on steam. I'll quote this:

"that is why your friends list should not be tied into your download service. that's why i have xfire :) besides your just shooting yourself in the foot for a game that's going to be fun. your logic seems a bit silly to me, sorry. i do have games on steam, origin and on microsoft live. However i still prefer physical copies. A game like Bf3 deserves to get a physical copy so i can smell the case as i open it and read the manual as i install the game. Besides it looks great to have the case/wallpaper next to my computer."

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Re not on Steam... well fine, plenty of other AAA games to play this year. Anyway BF3 is just BF2BC with better graphics, prone and jets and without fully destructable buildings. I'll pick it up on Steam in 12-18 months time for 10 bucks when it eventually finds its way there. Peace !!

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So the price of a new game is what like $75 now, given that they already have the next $15 "expansion pack" finished when it's released?

Hopefully one day EA will figure out Cows prefer spending time out on the range over getting milked in the barn.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So the price of a new game is what like $75 now, given that they already have the next $15 "expansion pack" finished when it's released?

Hopefully one day EA will figure out Cows prefer spending time out on the range over getting milked in the barn.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Maximus_Delta[/nom]Seriously guys, wtf with this not being on Steam. Guess I will be missing out on it too but glad I got my Bad Company 2 multiplayer with destructable buildings (left of out BF3, another thing I can't believe).[/citation]
What? BF3 brings destruction to another level! Even bigger buildings can now collapse and you have even better micro damage.

As for the Steam lovers in this, maybe you should have a word with Valve that booted EA off Steam. Personally I dislike Valve after they screwed me over on BF:BC2 Vietnam expansion and their own games on Steam are MORE expensive than retail in Switzerland. How is that for a great service?

I'm going to pre-order retail, get the nice box and not pay more than it would have from Steam if it were to be there. Your loss but, just like all the COD:MW2 boycotters we know how truthful Steam users can be when they claim they won't buy a game.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
While I am disappointed that I will not be able to purchase it on Steam, I am going to buy it anyways. With that said if certain retailers are offering certain bonuses which retailers offer what bonus items for the PC version?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]The game has LAN. and for those people who keep saying no steam no buy and all your friends is on steam. I'll quote this: "that is why your friends list should not be tied into your download service. that's why i have xfire besides your just shooting yourself in the foot for a game that's going to be fun. your logic seems a bit silly to me, sorry. i do have games on steam, origin and on microsoft live. However i still prefer physical copies. A game like Bf3 deserves to get a physical copy so i can smell the case as i open it and read the manual as i install the game. Besides it looks great to have the case/wallpaper next to my computer."[/citation]

Has nothing to do with a friends list i never even use. And screw physical media.. its about having all your games in one nice neat place. Not a bunch fo different web pages. Honestly if it isnt on steam im not even sure im going to get it either.. Sure i know BF3 is going to be great but i dont want to have to be forced to have a disk and garbage or have to have a bunch of places i need to go to play my games.

@schmich never paid more then $20 for a game on steam :p

Origin better be damn good if this wont be on steam. I mean good in a i can buy it download install play just as easy as on steam. Yeah maybe i might just skip this game to...... just like i skiped the last 2 or 3 or how ever many modern warfare games that have come out.

Jath

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
If Battlefield 3 is anything like EA's other games that come out on Origin, you wont need to manage the game off of Origin. Battlefield 2142, for example, I just downloaded not even a week ago. Uninstalled Origin because I hate it, and launched the game standalone. Only used Origin to download the game. You can even save the installer, just like you were able to with EA's previous download manager.

Sure, I hate that it's not through Steam. But it's just like if you downloaded it before or through Direct2Drive now. Unless you absolutely CARE to launch it through Steam. And if that's the case, can't you launch third party apps through Steam anyways if you have the exe? Pretty sure you can.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
You guys behave like if Battlefield 3 needs an active DRM from origin to play unlike blackops/MW2 with steam. Another thing, there's lots of digital download service that offers Battlefield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.