EA Reveals Contents Of Battlefield Hardline Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
So lets see what having access to your daddy's credit card gives you:

...new themed player masks that provide "unique benefits."

...Players will also receive a gun bench that allows them customize weapons and track the stats of each.

...replay the entire progression system.

...access to the expansion packs two weeks earlier than standard players. These expansion packs include new multiplayer maps, new vehicles, new game modes and new in-game content. The DLC packs include Criminal Activity, Robbery, Getaway and Betrayal.

...twelve Gold Battlepacks

...place at the front of the line during server queues.

...Premium events like double-XP and in-game sessions

...new personalization options such as ammo skins, gun cameos and more.

Three words:

PAY... TO... WIN! :pfff:

Fr33Th1nk3r

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
It's Aesthetics, but really what they're doing is taking the game, and splitting it up to make more money. I remember in the old days you paid 60-70 dollars and got the full game. Then later an expansion would come for 30 dollars, and it was basically a full game in itself. Brood War is a great example.

Fr33Th1nk3r

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014

Actually I was hoping they'd do that in BF4. I see nothing wrong with prestiging. We all are terrible when we first start playing. It shouldn't permanently affect our stats.

J Lavalley

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
I bought BF4 Premium up front and was happy with the results. While I got additional weapons and access to DLCs early, I never felt like these items gave me any real advantage over other players, other than the advantage I gained from learning their characteristics two weeks earlier. I still play BF4 regularly, and I still get killed regularly by noobs as well as veterans. The reactive environments and ballistic physics are unique to the BF series, and they contribute to replayability that I could not find in CoD, Destiny, or several other FPS games.

I played the Hardline beta, which I was expecting to be just a GTA CoD clone. I was happy to find out how wrong my preconception was. Hardline adds new features while retaining the unique tactical elements of previous BF titles. I look forward to ordering premium for this title too. In fact, I'm trading in my copies of CoD and Halo:MCE to get this one. I'd trade in Destiny too, but I made the mistake of preording the DLCs for Bungie's grind-fest. Live and learn, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.