EA to Develop New Star Wars Games with Frostbite 3 Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
DICE on Battlefront 3, Visceral on 1313, and Bioware on a new singleplayer Star Wars RPG maybe? Not a huge fan of EA getting the rights since they'll probably DRM and milk it to hell, but I guess it's better than no new Star Wars games.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Darth Vader .. now more evil thanks to EA. Actually even Vader wouldn't support EA.
Can you imagine the Death Star with EA's DRM and micro transactions?
You can blow up a moon with the base package but you'll need to spend 400 more credits to blow up Alderaan, but only once we've released version 1.3 in 3 months time.
Sorry, you cannot move the Death Star to another location, you'll need an additional Death Star license.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
As a fan of the franchise, I hope the games they release are good. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sith Lords at EA add Jar Jar Binks to every game and charge you a fee to remove said character.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Training your sith lord will take months and hundreds of 'micro transactions' costing hundreds of dollars.
Constructing a death star will take months and thousands of 'micro transactions' costing thousands of dollars.
Then youll have to do a few more transactions to build the death ray,and dont forget micro transactions to pay for yoru crew, and the fuel for the death ray, and targeting alderan.
And then you fire your death ray and.....disconnected, all progress lost except the balance on your credit card.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
KOTOR 3!? Sorry but that's the only Star Wars game I'd play now. I'm not paying $60 for a linear action game that takes 4 hours max to beat (Force Unleashed)

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Not to change the subject here but... With EA, an arcade style game like Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl could be done. Madden cheat code or actual game with Jedi using the force to throw a football and toss opponents out of bounds. Someone has to think of new ideas if licenses are required. This same old stuff is getting old. Just isn't the same without LucasArts.

gibson_guy

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
How about you ask the REAL Star Wars fans what they want instead of just making a shitty game, with "Star Wars" written on it, just to make a few bucks? Like BATTLEFRONT 3!!! A game we've been waiting on ever since they announced it about 6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.