EA Unveils Battlefield 4 at GDC 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
another instant memorable EA classic... and it'll have so many bugs it won't work right for 3 months after its released on the console and never on the PC. That's EA's new business model, old game engine, new graphics, half ass coding, and premature release dates.

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
[citation][nom]meowmix44[/nom]Dude it looks just like BF3.... Why is this being unveiled so early, there is so much things that have to be done[/citation]

look up the law of diminishing returns. at a certain point, the human eye can't tell the difference between a 100000 poly model and a 1000000 poly model. the difference, if you look, is in the particle effects, the lighting, the cloth simulation, and the animation. the textures are at least twice, if not quadruple the old resolution, and I think the entire ground is tesselated. it's a step up. it's not cryengine 3, but it's a step up.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Until they bring LAN play back like battlefield 2 and clean it up so I can play with my nieces,nephews and children, I'll continue to stay with BF2.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]zinabas[/nom]another instant memorable EA classic... and it'll have so many bugs it won't work right for 3 months after its released on the console and never on the PC. That's EA's new business model, old game engine, new graphics, half ass coding, and premature release dates.[/citation]
dont forget EAs new love for microtransactions. I likely wont be geting this game until its on sale for like $10(I bought BF3 during the BF anniversary sale for $10 on origin). Aside from the prettier graphics I dont have enough interest in it as to pay full price for it. BF3s battlelog pissed me off one too many times already.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
What they aren't telling you is that in the newest battlefield game, bullets cost $0.01 each. EA promises that this isn't a pay to win game though, as you can stab people with your knife for free and if purchased through Origin, it comes with 5,000 bullets.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
All I want is the classic You vs 32 bots... I get tired of playing online sometimes, having to fight for aircraft, ground vehicles, etc. So playing by myself with 32 bots is fun as hell, you get to use what you want, enjoy the scenery, etc, etc.

Sadly, they rid of that feature in BF3 and now it seems it'll never come back.

BF Series should have always kept that feature, because once you finish the campaign, you've got nothing else but MP. No real replayability.

wolfkraut

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
"EA says Battlefield 4 will ship during EA’s fiscal year 2014, which means any time up until March 2013."

Hmm... Talk about a low-key release!

armitageid

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"EA says Battlefield 4 will ship during EA’s fiscal year 2014, which means any time up until March 2013."

Ummm.....end of the video says Fall 2013...am I missing something here??

aoneone

May 27, 2011
What is this? First of all it He got hit 5 or 6 times and he still walks around happy go-lucky? And 2nd, you can see the enemy get hit 4 or 5 times and still not drop? I'm sorry but Battlefield 4 is looking like a glorified BF3. Seriously, where is the realism here like Arma 3?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]CarolKarine[/nom]look up the law of diminishing returns. at a certain point, the human eye can't tell the difference between a 100000 poly model and a 1000000 poly model. the difference, if you look, is in the particle effects, the lighting, the cloth simulation, and the animation. the textures are at least twice, if not quadruple the old resolution, and I think the entire ground is tesselated. it's a step up. it's not cryengine 3, but it's a step up.[/citation]

ps3, resistance 1 and 2.
2 had twice the polly count as 1
you had to be told that to even have a chance at seeing the difference.

this is one of the reasons why i dont want graphics to be pushed to a retarded extreme...

they develop and design for the highest end, and let a computer scale everything back, making the game look like hell if you dont have that high end hardware.

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I'm already so bored with all these games that give you 80% cinematics and 20% actual playtime. If I want to watch a B-grade action flick I'd rather sit on the couch and watch on the big screen TV. Just give me an objective and let me figure it out - stop trying to dress it up with all the BS.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Is anyone else disturbed by the strange and bizarre upside down world EA lives in? They invest ridiculous resources in the singleplayer portions of their MULTIPLAYER franchises by creating this "emotional" narrative following the actions of fictional soldiers in the Battlefield universe. This is after taking a SINGLEPLAYER focused game like Sim City and hamming it up with multiplayer-only gameplay. What gives? Battlefield is a MULTIPLAYER game. I could care less about some singleplayer campaign. This is such a stupid waste of resources.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Even though i liked what i saw in the video, I probably wont be getting it due to how obnoxious EA has become in regards to monetizing their games. I dont mind paying for a good game, but if I feel like I have to pay for it 2-3x over the initial cost just to get a more complete experience, no sale.

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]Is anyone else disturbed by the strange and bizarre upside down world EA lives in? They invest ridiculous resources in the singleplayer portions of their MULTIPLAYER franchises by creating this "emotional" narrative following the actions of fictional soldiers in the Battlefield universe. This is after taking a SINGLEPLAYER focused game like Sim City and hamming it up with multiplayer-only gameplay. What gives? Battlefield is a MULTIPLAYER game. I could care less about some singleplayer campaign. This is such a stupid waste of resources.[/citation]

It's the only way to justify a brand new BF game, though they could have made it as a SP DLC for BF3.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I would like to see any of these developers create some sort of system when creating a user where you can set the content level based on the maturity of the gamer. Example:

User 1: 12 year old
-No Blood or Gruesome Activity
-No Profanity
-No Nudity

User 2: 18+ User
-Contains Blood or Gruesome Activity
-Contains Profanity
-May Contain Nudity

User 3: I'm an adult but I may have children around. Allow me to switch between content types.

Only reason I say this is because you won't stop stupid parents from buying a game that probably isn't suitable for their child, so you might as well allow more flexibility to customize the user experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.