Question EAC Issues

vertexxd

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
I've been unable to launch any game that uses EAC. When I launch the game on steam or through the exe it loads it, goes into the EAC loading screen, opens the game for about 2 seconds and then immediatelly crashes with no error code, one of the examples is war thunder, I can launch it just fine without eac ( no ability to play online tho due to eac being off ) but when I launch it with eac it does the thing I described earlier.

Colif

Win 11 Master
https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221442887-Easy-Anti-Cheat-Errors
You can find this in that article there.

Some common problems we have seen are errors related to Easy Anti Cheat (abbreviated as EAC) causing the game to not launch or crash during play. Below I will list some common troubleshooting steps that work for some users.

1. Re-install / Repair the EAC install.
To do this you will need to navigate to the "Easy Anti Cheat" folder in your squad install directory.
The default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat

Inside you will find the installer for EAC (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe), run it as an administrator and select Squad as your game.

Uninstall EAC
Verify game integrity (Right click on Squad in steam, go to properties, verify integrity)
Install EAC

2. Delete your Squad Appdata folder
We usually recommend this as a fix all for every issue to start with because your config file could be corrupt for any reason. I have seen this resolve EAC errors before as well.

OPTION 1:
Open your start menu and type "%Localappdata%" without the quotes and hit enter, then delete the "Squad" Folder. This will wipe all config settings for the game such as keybinds and video settings.

OPTION 2:

Run Squad. In the main menu go to "SETTINGS" then "GAME SETTINGS".
Click on "CLEAR CACHED USER DATA".

This will wipe all config settings for the game such as keybinds and video settings.

3. Make sure cheat engine is not running or installed at all.
This seems like common sense, anti cheat would stop cheat engine right? If you used this product for any other game for single player (we assume the best in you) you will need to make sure its not running or completely uninstalled. EAC will throw an error telling you its detected so this is the reason why.

I will update this article when I have more tips to try.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/393380/discussions/0/135514151378950015/?l=schinese

A few tips there