Question EAC untrusted file and Windows not repairing

Jun 17, 2020
I am posting this in Windows 10 because it has become a windows issue. I've been trying to play Dead By Daylight with a friend, but when I start the game, I get the message "untrusted system file (c /windows/system32/normaliz.dll)". Doing "sfc /scannow" in command prompt gives me the error that it can't fix the files and doing any dism commands comes back that it has fixed the issues (which it hasn't). After I realized these weren't working and the issue was more internal than I realized, I went to the windows download site and downloaded the May 2020 Update. This still hadn't fixed the issue so I did an in-place upgrade with the Windows 10 installation media. This still hasn't fixed the issue. I've been trying to fix this for probably 6 hours total and nothing is working. That is why I am asking here. Does anybody know how I can fix this issue?

Jun 17, 2020
It's not Windows. It's easy anti cheat. What has happened to make you think differently?
I assume its windows due to the fact that it says there are files that it can't repair when I do the sfc /scannow. Also, when I check for updates in Windows Updates, I get errors such as (0x800706ba). I am not good in the slightest with software. I have a very basic understanding. I appreciate your clarification.

TRENDING THREADS