Question Each time m.2 gets undetected.How to fix?

Jul 28, 2020
I have an MSI b450 gaming plus max motherboard.
Each morning(or shutting down and reopen after more than 5 hours)when I start my PC my m.2 gets undetected. As m.2 is my main boot drive then it by default opens bios.

I am using corsair force m510 m.2-500gb

This video link I recorded
Video link of bios when I start my PC after a long time(recorded in the morning on first boot)

When bios open by default my m.2 is not showing up as in the video. when I press F6 and load optimized defaults. and F10 to restart bios.now my m.2 gets detected.

The problem -each time I start my PC after a long time(each time I have to make bios setting to optimized defaults) so I have to reset all the settings manually again like a ram frequency. and many other settings.

Exception- if I start my PC after a short time like 1 or 2 hours then It works without a problem my m.2 gets detected.

What I have tried=
1.i cleared CMOS battery.
2.i upgraded bios/downgraded bios
3.i re plugged m.2(if I replug my m.2 by just removing it and plug-in again then also m.2 gets detected )-but I can not do that daily.

some recent events=
About a month ago my monitor went for repair.at that time a tried to connect my CPU with a laptop to show screen. many times I forced shut down my CPU.when the monitor came back I plugged in my monitor and mouse-keyboard but no power in mouse keyboard. then I cleared CMOS battery. after that everything started to run properly but this problem emerged. then again cleared(2-3 times)CMOS battery because of this problem but no luck.

Some warning I missed-
there is a warning that updating bios or clear CMOS battery are recommended when the game boost is turned on. when Clearing CMOS battery my game boost was turned on.
Warning screenshot

I do not know how to fix this issue. I think the problem is the CMOS battery. also, it may be possible that it is happing because of some bios problem because each time clicking on optimized default it fixes the problem.

taking motherboard to the service center is very frustrating.that's why I am posting here if anyone has solutions. please help me.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020
there is no such option in bios. I found something called "secure boot".earlier everything was running fine with "OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS".is there something like hard flashing bios? maybe updating bios not fixing some corrupted bios files.

by the way thanks for giving replay..

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS