EAP-PEAP with Windows 2000?

Hi all,
someone knows if I can configure PEAP authentication with w2k clients?
If yes, can you give me some indications.

My need is to obtain a good protection and to authenticate per login or mac
address, both controlled by the radius server.

thanks in advance. Bye ... Efrem

My test enviroment:

Client
------------------------------------
windows 2000 pro sp3
Cisco 350 pcmcia wireless adapter
ACU ver.6.1

Acces Point
------------------------------------
Cisco 1231 with IOS 12.2(8)JA

Radius Server
------------------------------------
Windows 2000 Advanced Server sp3
Cisco ACS ver.3.2

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:36:44 GMT, Efrem Bottani spoketh

>Hi all,
>someone knows if I can configure PEAP authentication with w2k clients?
>If yes, can you give me some indications.
>
>My need is to obtain a good protection and to authenticate per login or mac
>address, both controlled by the radius server.
>
>thanks in advance. Bye ... Efrem

I have not been able to get it working. Seems to be an issue with the
W2K wireless client software not being able to send the EAP-Type
properly, which gives me this error in the eventlogs:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: IAS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2
Date: 5/26/2004
Time: 12:27:37 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JUPITER
User nnnnnn\xxxxxx was denied access.
Fully-Qualified-User-Name = a/b/c/d
NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.0.4
NAS-Identifier = 000c41123dc8
Called-Station-Identifier = 000c41123dc8
Calling-Station-Identifier = 000c412c2e0a
Client-Friendly-Name = wap
Client-IP-Address = 192.168.0.4
NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11
NAS-Port = 8
Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users
Authentication-Provider = Windows
Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
Policy-Name = Allow Wireless LAN Access
Authentication-Type = PEAP
EAP-Type = <undetermined>
Reason-Code = 262
Reason = The supplied message is incomplete. The signature was not
verified.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net