Daniel545

Honorable
Aug 27, 2015
Hello, I am experiencing some weird temperature increase with my EVGA CLC 120 AIO cooler. I have it for approximately 3.5 years so it would be really unpleasant for me if it brakes after (in my opinion) short time like this. I have a i5 7600k OCed to 4.6ghz and idle temps were around 32-33 degrees and idle coolant temps according to EVGA Flow Control software were around 31-32 and under load cpu temps were around 70-72. Today I just noticed my coolant temps on idle are around 34-35 and cpu temps are also about 35-37 degrees and under load I never get less than 75 but also never reach 80 even after an hour or two of gaming. I am pretty sure this is not normal because I was always tracking my temps since I overclocked my CPU few months ago and I never got an increase like this. Can this indicate a pump failure?
All answers are appreciated.

Solution
Step one, clean the radiator and fan. Step two, while cleaning, tilt it around (the whole computer if you don't feel like taking it out) in as many directions as possible. Might just have a little air bubble trapped in the coldplate or pump. And if you haven't changed out the thermal paste in a while, consider that.

After that, consider replacement.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Step one, clean the radiator and fan. Step two, while cleaning, tilt it around (the whole computer if you don't feel like taking it out) in as many directions as possible. Might just have a little air bubble trapped in the coldplate or pump. And if you haven't changed out the thermal paste in a while, consider that.

Solution

Daniel545

Honorable
Aug 27, 2015

Thank you for your suggestions, I hope cleaning will solve this because I must admit I have not cleaned the radiator for a while.

TRENDING THREADS