Question Earphone mic is not working on my laptop

Muqsit_1

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I was playing multiplayer game with my friends using my samsung 3.5mm earphone to communicate with them. but suddenly past few day my earphone mic stopped working on my laptop ASUS ROG GL55VE. i tired the same earphone on my phone, trying recording and the mic worked fine on phone. i did the same method on my laptop, using voice recorder using the earphone, it's not working. sound is working perfectly, but sometimes the mic worked so fine.

Muqsit_1

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
i did uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. i'm running on window 10 1903. yes, i'm on the latest BIOS on my laptop. earphone mic was working fine few weeks ago, but this happened suddenly.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
What is the make, model, and age of your laptop?

All it takes is a cracked solder connection on a sound card, which can happen, for "sudden death" to occur with regard to external connections while anything that is still not dependent on same works fine.

If push comes to shove, and even just for diagnostic purposes, you could obtain an external USB sound card.

Muqsit_1

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
What is the make, model, and age of your laptop?

All it takes is a cracked solder connection on a sound card, which can happen, for "sudden death" to occur with regard to external connections while anything that is still not dependent on same works fine.

If push comes to shove, and even just for diagnostic purposes, you could obtain an external USB sound card.

laptop is ASUS ROG GL55VE and it only 1 year old. To check, i uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek driver, it worked till i unplugged and when i plugged the earphone again, the mic stopped working. so, i did this twice like on first try, i just downgraded my driver for the previous version, the mic worked till i unplugged and when plugged it back, the mic stopped working. On second try i updated to latest version which i already had, the same thing happened. it seems like its a software issue, but i still can't make sure.