EarthLink to Sell WiMax, 4G LTE Service Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You post a link to a pair of binoculars? Elevator doesn't go to the top floor eh?[/citation]
I've noticed a lot of people doing that lately (links to amazon that go through goo.gl). I have no idea why - maybe they're getting a cut of it for doing that?

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]WiMax is dead as is EarthLink.[/citation]

heh, my first response to seeing the story was "Earthlink is still in business?"

G

Earthlink was the better choice in the world of AOL back in the dial-up days. I don't miss the days of CD 30-day free trial spam that i received in the mail regularly.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I have fond memories of Earthlink because they were the DSL provider we got after having a dial-up connection. All my friends were so impressed that I could download an entire MP3 in around 35-40 seconds, and I could actually go online and play games without interrupting our house phone. Latency was better too.

Ah, the magic of broadband.

WiMax is not dead, As long as you don't game it's still the cheapest way to get great broadband speed internet. For people who simply just watch netflix or surf the web, why pay another $20 more per month for internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.