EA's Origin Sends Personal Data to Third Parties

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Welcome to being another Spaz over-reactionist.

That's what's been happening for YEARS. All it needs to look at to gather all that info is your friggin Registry.

Come on, grow a goddamn brain, people.

Here, let's read this together.

collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware.

No where does it say file structure, file systems. It's just "we want to know what your computer is, where you are, and what your hardware specs are"

Smarten up. It's nothing different than the usual. Try reading every word before you flip out.

78oldscutlass

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
When I installed BF3 and had to install Origin and other programs, I was furious! It is ridiculous that I have to install their spyware just to play a game. This is that Last EA game I am buying. I would like to send them a complaint, but they don't give any contact information other than their investor site. As soon As I finish the campaign, Its trade-in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.